Click on the links below for the October Breakfast and Lunch Menus from the cafeteria.
Students in Mrs. Cynthia Coleman’s second grade class participated in an engineering design project entitled the Ice Pop Challenge!
Check out their fabulous creations!
The Sports Medicine students at Smackover High School are doing mock physicals using their skills to evaluate their class partners. These skills include musculoskeletal exam, blood pressure, pulse, vision screening, and reflexes.
Mrs. Morgan Atkins is the instructor and the athletic trainer for the district.
To be a Sports Medicine Completer at Smackover High School, a student must successfully pass the following year-long courses:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Sports Medicine
- Injury Assessment
Thanks to Journalism teacher, Mrs. Gretchen McCurry, for sharing these Homecoming pictures!
From Smackover Preschool to Smackover High School, students supported the Buckaroos on spirit days last week!
Mrs. Janet Philips (right), JAG instructor and ALE Facilitator at Smackover High School, was recently recognized at the 34th annual National Training Seminar held in Las Vegas as a JAG Outstanding Specialist. Her successful implementation of the JAG model has led to extraordinary achievement for Smackover High School students since its inception. Also pictured is Mrs. Jan Henderson, Smackover High School Principal.
The Smackover-Norphlet School District ALE Program is designed to support ninth through twelfth grade students who are at risk for not graduating from high school. The program provides these students with meaningful intervention and an adapted or altered learning environment to meet their educational needs. The focus of the program is to provide the academic, social, and behavioral resources necessary for enrolled students to learn academic content while also acquiring the skills and strategies to successfully negotiate a twenty-first century world.
For more information about the ALE program at Smackover High School, please contact Principal Jan Henderson.
2017 UNION COUNTY FAIR, September 18-22, 2017
Congratulations to these Smackover High School Students!
- Kalin Key: Reserve Champion Prospect Market Hog, Grand Champion Senior Swine Showman, Grand Champion Market Hog, Grand Champion Commercial Gilt
- Kendall Key: Grand Champion Prospect Market Hog, Reserve Champion Senior Swine Showman, Reserve Champion Market Hog, Reserve Champion Commercial Gilt
- Trey Darden: 1st and 2nd Place Market Hog Class 1; 2nd place Market Hog Class 5. 3rd Place Commercial Gilt Class 5—, Grand Champion Duroc Gilt, Grand Champion Overall Breeding Gilt
- Gracie Muckelrath: 2nd place Class 5 Market Hog; 5th Overall Hog
- Jacob Muckelrath: 2nd Place Class 6 Market Hog; 7th Overall Hog
- Colton Thomas: 2nd and 4th in his Class; 9th Overall Hog
- Brock Gottberg: 1st Place Class 2 Market Goats,, Reserve Grand Champion Commercial Doe.
- Kaylee Armstrong: Grand Champion Steer, Reserve Champion Cattle Showman
Congratulations to these Norphlet Middle School Students!
- Kamryn Fulton: Reserve Champion Overall Market Goat, Grand Champion Commercial Doe, Grand Champion Jr.Goal Showman
- Ricky Holloway: 1st in Market Goat,Class 3
- Haleigh Gottbert: Grand Champion and Reserve Champion Breeding Doe.
- Maddox Gottberg: Class 2 2nd place and Reserve Grand Champion Goat Showman
- Emma Kate Gottberg: 2nd in Class 3 Market Goats & winner of Junior Skill-a-thon.
- Emily Bailey: Reserve Champion Market Lamb, Reserve Champion Senior Lamb Showman
On December 16, 2017, the Smackover choir will perform with the South Arkansas Symphony Orchestra and local school choirs at the Municipal Auditorium in El Dorado at 7:30 pm.