The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Tuesday, March 12. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Presentation was made by attorney Gene Bramblett, regarding a contract proposal for the incoming superintendent
- A report on changes to the ALE program for the 2013-2014 school year was presented.
- Approved the selection of math textbooks recommended by K-12 math teachers for textbook adoption.
- Approved the proposed school calendar for the 2013-2014 school year. This will be presented to the Personnel Policy Committees (PPCs) for review and response prior to final approval in April.
- Approved the tentative addendum to the district bereavement policy. This will be presented to the PPCs for review and response prior to final approval in April.
- Information was presented about IRS regulations for booster clubs.
- Announced that the current K-12 student enrollment was 787 students.
- Discussed the licensed PPC salary proposal.
- Recognized Tommy Norrell for his years of service on the Smackover School District Board of Directors.
Smackover Elementary School students who received the required number of AR points were treated to a crazy sock hop earlier in March.
To see all the fun that was had, just view the slideshow below!
The Home Access Center (HAC) is a place for parents to access their student’s grades.
The web address for students, parents, and teachers to access HAC has changed because of an upgrade.
The new web address is:
For parents and or students – HAC URL http://hac24.eschoolplus.k12.ar.us/
Smackover Public Schools
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
Smackover Public Schools is currently accepting applications for the position of:
- Secondary Special Education Teacher
Please send your resume and completed application to Jan Henderson, High School Principal.
At the beginning of March, Smackover Elementary School students participated in activities to celebrate Read Across America Week which is held the same week as Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
In honor of Dr. Seuss, each day of the week was a different dress up day.
Enjoy the slideshow of all the fun Dr. Seuss characters!
Congratulations to the following seniors recognized by Mrs Henderson as the Principal Leadership Award Recipients:
- Hope Barker (sports)
- Hayley Corley (leadership)
- Brooklynn Taylor (community service)
Please mark your calendars with the following dates:
- March 14: Smackover Elementary School Spring Pictures and Class Pictures (These are prepaid pictures. Call the elementary office if you have not received a form.)
- March 14: 3rd quarter report cards sent home
- March 18-22: Spring Break (No School)
- March 29: Good Friday (No School)