Daylight Saving Time will end on Sunday, November 2, at 2 am. Don’t forget to set your clocks back and enjoy the extra hour of sleep!
There will be an Arkansas National Archery in the Schools Program training for any adult that is interested in coaching archery in our school district.
The training will be held December 2nd in the Old Gym on the Norphlet Campus from 9:00am-4:00pm. There is no cost to get certified.
For more information, please contact Stefanie Magee at 870-310-1372 or email@example.com or go to http://www.agfc.com/education/Pages/EducationProgramsANASP.aspx to register.
An archery program is currently in place on the Norphlet campus for grades 4-12 and we would like to start a program on the Smackover Campus for grades 4-12.
All Smackover FFA members will be selling fruits, meats and other goodies through November 14, 2014. For more information or to order, please contact any FFA member or Mr. Brian Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870) 725-1233.
The Smackover High School FBLA and FCCLA have partnered with Charleston Wrap for our major fundraising campaign this year. There are over 500 high quality items to choose from and every purchase you make earns much needed money for our school. Simply click the link above or go to www.charlestonwrap.com to shop. All items purchased will ship directly to you and there is free shipping on all orders over $75.
First, register your student and a six digit code will be automatically generated for your student to earn prizes during our fundraising campaign. Then click on the “SHOP NOW” button that will take you to the “Choose how you would like to Assign Credit and Shop” section. If you wish to assign credit to your student, enter the six digit student code into the ”Student & School Credit” section. If you don’t want to assign credit to a particular student, simply enter your school’s four-digit ID in the “School Credit Only” section and the school will earn credit from your purchases. You can even support the school year-round after the sale is over by simply using the four digit school ID.
The deadline for orders is November 3, 2014.
The FBLA four digit ID is: 9042 The FCCLA four digit ID is: 9032
Thank you for supporting our groups!
Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools
NOTICE OF VACANCY
The Smackover-Norphlet School District is currently accepting applications for 2014-2015 for the following positions:
(Smackover Elementary School)
Must pass the Parapro exam or have an Associate’s Degree.
Please submit application, resume’, transcript, and/or results of Parapro Exam to Mrs. Holly Strickland, 701 Magnolia, Smackover, AR 71762.
A G E N D A: HARMONY GROVE GAME: 10/24/2014
- 1st Period – Regular rehearsal
- 11:15 – Dismissed for Pep Rally
- 11:25 – Move to the gym for pep rally
- 12:00 – Bring instruments back to band hall
- 6:00 p.m. – Report to Band Hall to dress in uniform (don’t forget black socks)
- 6:45 p.m. – Line up to move to stadium
- 7:00 p.m. – In stands ready to play pre-game music
- 7:30 p.m. – Game begins
- 8:30 p.m. – Halftime – 3rd quarter off – be back in stands at beginning of 4TH
- 9:30 – game over – Put up instruments and uniforms
- Have a good weekend
AGENDA FOR REGION ASSESSMENT – TUESDAY –10/28/14
- 1st Period – Regular rehearsal – load truck
- 12:30 p.m. – Load bus –
- 12:45 p.m. – Leave for Pine Bluff
- 1:45 p.m. – Rest Stop – Fordyce
- 2:15 p.m. – Leave Fordyce
- 3:00 p.m. – Arrive Pine Bluff – unload, dress in uniform
- 3:30 p.m. – Line up to go watch Norphlet & McGehee perform
- 4:00 p.m. – Get instruments – Line up to go to warm-up
- 4:38 p.m. – Warm-up Time
- 5:08 p.m. – Depart for gate
- 5:13 p.m. – at gate
- 5:18 p.m. – Perform
- 5:30 p.m. – Go back to truck, put up instruments, change clothes
- 6:00 p.m. – Eat at stadium concessions
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. – Watch other bands
- 9:30 p.m. – Awards
- 9:45 p.m. – Head for home
- 11:30 p.m. – Arrive SHS Campus