Congratulations to the following Norphlet Elementary School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the second nine weeks!
- 1st Grade: Bailey Ayala, Heaven Banks, Lily Goodwin, Clay Hadlock, Justus Hicks, Hunter Moore, Donald Newton, Jacob Reeder, Aubree Taylor, Brittlyn Tillman, William Tuberville, Gracie Duncan, Piper Hansen, Nicole High, Adalyn Hubbard, Cheyanne Livingston, Cierra Philyaw, Erielle Rucks, Gunner Taylor, Leigha Thornton, Brady Tregre
- 2nd Grade: Kylie Allen, Kurt Brewer, Adelei Dunn, Laurel Green, Kenyatta Honeycutt, Sonny Magee, T.C. Spall, Peyton Thompson, Lydia Tipton, Maria Algady, Jarret Brant, Dylan Collins, Isabella Daniell, Walker Slater, Landen Tate, Shaniyah Walton, Kamiya Ware, Lane Williams
- 3rd Grade: Christopher Millan, Leila Pumphrey, Britain Sanchez, Claira Spall, Travis Tuberville, Makayla Blackledge, Jeremy Critton, Jasper Galusha, Delilah Hansen, Kasey Hicks
- 4th Grade: Sophia Davis, Gracie England, Rose Lewis, Paisley Ponder, Hosam Saleh, Karma Samuels, Levi Baker, Karsen Benson, Seth Green, Brynlee Hyatt, Daymion Samuels, Keaton Thurmon, Nataleh Webb
- 5th Grade: Alexander Butterfield, Jaylynn Crawford, Julia James, Kelea Murry, Jasmine Philyaw, Alex Rowland, Karyn Runge
Congratulations to the Smackover High School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the 2nd nine weeks! Special recognition also goes to Mrs. Richardson’s sophomores for such a large number of them meeting their goals.
- 9TH GRADE: Emily Bailey, Landon Baker, Preston Chilton, Landree Clark, Anna Crutchfield, Alex Demorrow, Gabi Kelly, Emma Machen, Anna Morgan, Lyric Samuel, and Isabella Ward
- 10th GRADE: Brianna Alphin, Kaylee Armstrong, Gracyn Belin, Maddie Blackledge, Sabrina Bolling, Kourtney Bryan, Dylan Calloway, Travis Campbell, Alex Carrillo, Erin Crecelius, Rylee Darden, Audrey Dearman, Madi Dews, Ellen Galvan, Sara Gathright, Paige Goodwin, William Goodwin, Adrianna Grant, Drew Haynes, Madison Ingle, Hayley Johnson, Jolie Jones, Javion Lee, Stormy Lewis, McKenzie Loschieder, Kenzie Mixon, Gracie Muckelrath, Preston Oliver, Hannah Parker, Breunna Patton, Brooke Patton, Harley Pennington, Marley Shairrick, Courtney Smith, Jack Surbrook, Caleb Watson, and Karli Willett
- 11 GRADE: Shae Belt, Kendyl Burns, Dennis Caldwell, Lainey Holland, Zac Hudson, Jaqueze Modica, Jo Pennington, Hali Pesnell, Jillian Russell, Brooklyn Smith, Christian Todd, and Jewel Wallace
- 12th GRADE: Dallas Bolling, Alondra Grant, Austin Groves, Dakota Hutchinson, Blakely Lewis, Colby Pearson, Gracie Ragan, Suraya Raley, Hannah Rowton, and Makayla Toney
Norphlet Elementary Student Council members collected 623 cans throughout the month of December for the Smackover First Baptist Church food pantry.
The class that collected the most cans was Mrs. Winright’s 1st grade class. They collected 192 cans.
The Smackover-Norphlet School District will be closed for Christmas break on Thursday, December 20.
Classes will resume on Thursday, January 3.
May you and your family have a happy and restful Christmas break!
Smackover Preschool students in Ms. Donna’s class took sugar ice cream cones and turned them into Christmas trees. They had a blast decorating them, but enjoyed eating them the most!
Congratulation to the following Smackover Elementary School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the second nine weeks.
As a reward, these students were able to decorate (and eat!) Christmas cookies!
Congratulations to the Smackover High School cheerleaders for winning the AAA state championship in cheer for 1A, 2A, and 3A! The competition was held Saturday, December 15, in Hot Springs.
Several of Ms. Tami Philyaw’s second and third year engineering students went to downtown El Dorado to meet with Courtney Paulus with Ball and Paulus Surveyors to work on resolving the flooding issues in one of the high school buildings. Students were also accompanied by Superintendent John Gross.
Thank you to community partners like Courtney Paulus for supporting the students in the Smackover-Norphlet School District!
Congratulations to the Smackover Elementary School students and teacher of the month for November!
The Smackover High School Student Council recently held a door decorating contest. Each teacher had their second period class decorate his or her door.
The winning doors were:
- First place – Mrs. Kerri Briggs and Mrs. Keitha Clark for their Gingerbread neighborhood doors.
- Second place – Mrs. Connie Bridges’s Snow Man door
- Third place – Coach Sonia Barker’s tennis themed door.