- Smackover Elementary School – Wednesday, September 2nd
- Smackover High School – Thursday, September 3rd
- Norphlet Middle School – Friday, September 18th
Ticket sales for the Hooten’s Classic Game tonight will end at 12:00 pm (noon) today. Any person needing a ticket after that time will need to purchase a ticket at the gate.
Smackover First United Methodist Church will sponsor a light breakfast and devotional beginning at 6:45 am on Monday morning in honor of the high school football game Monday evening. The breakfast will be held in the Fellowship Hall of the church which is located across from the Smackover High School Campus on 7th Street.
The breakfast and devotional are open to all high school students and teachers.
Science Buddies is a cool website which is full of hands on science resources for home and school.
The Science Buddies website is a great resource if you are looking for science fair ideas! It has a Science Fair Topic Selection Wizard which asks you questions about your interests and then makes recommendations for science fair projects based on what you want to know.
Check out Science Buddies here!
There will be a live weekly broadcast with Coach Brian Strickland to discuss the past week of football activities and the next ball game on the schedule.
Chris Long will conduct the live interview at Sand Lake Farm Farmer’s Market and Cafe from 12 noon until 12:30 pm on 92.7 FM (Fox Sports Camden) beginning September 2. (Fox Sports Camden is the same station that broadcasts all of the Buckaroo games live.)
Come out to Sand Lake Farm Farmer’s Market and Cafe every Wednesday at noon to watch the live interview and eat a good lunch!
The tennis match scheduled for September 12th at Parkers Chapel has been rescheduled for the 26th of September due to ACT testing on the 12th. The official times have not been released, but the matches will probably be from 9 am to noon or 1:00.
The Smackover Buckaroo football team was featured on KATV’s 31 Teams in 31 Days.
To view the video, click here.
The Smackover Buckaroos will be playing in the Hooten’s Classic game on August 31, 2015 at UAPB.
Tickets are $7 each and may be purchased at the Smackover-Norphlet School District Central Office. The cost of admission will allow you entry into the following two games:
- 5:30 pm – Bearden vs Lafayette County
- 7:30 pm – Warren vs Smackover
- Smackover will be the home team in the black uniforms.
- The dressing room for the players will be Team Meeting room #2.
- Enter stadium parking thru Gold Lot off Oliver Rd.
- Park bus on back row of Gold Parking Lot (Team, Cheerleaders, Band)
- Enter stadium to access locker room thru Gate #1.
- Will warm up on the football practice field (access using Gate #6)
- Kickoff is immediately following the first game.