Smackover High School rocket team, the Buckaroo Blasters, consists of five students from the Smackover High School engineering program.
The team competed in the Team America Rocketry Challenge (TARC) on Thursday against five other schools in a competition hosted by Lockheed Martin as part of their annual eWeek activities. TARC is the world’s largest student rocket contest and a key piece of the aerospace and defense industry’s strategy to build a stronger U.S. workforce in science, technology,
The Buckaroo Blasters placed second overall in the competition which included a formal presentation to a group of engineers at Lockheed Martin, a formal proposal, and the actual rocket launch. The challenge for the team was to design, build and fly a rocket carrying three raw eggs in a capsule to an altitude of 856 feet and return it to ground with the eggs intact within 43-46 seconds.
The Buckaroo Blasters had a successful rocket launch. No eggs were broken!
Click on picture below for video of rocket launch:
Gallery of pictures:
Smackover Elementary School 4th grade students presented the program, “What’s On the Menu,” at the PTO meeting prior to Spring Break under the direction of music teacher Mrs. Sherri Wood.
Congratulations to the following Norphlet Middle School students for their outstanding academic performance for the third nine weeks of school.
- 6th Grade-Taylor Darden, Raedynn England, Allison Estridge, Abby Fogle, Jackson Goocher, Trinity Gossett, Madison Ham, Nathan Lafever, Dixie Machen, Colin Maroney, Delaney Mason, Mason McDaniel, Luke Morgan, Macie Reed, Kaden Thompson, Tatum Watson
- 7th Grade-Abby Brewer, Jeb Gatewood, Kaleigh Jerry, Colin Miller
- 8th Grade-Anna Dixon, Emilee Jones, Jayden Ross, Mason Scott
Honor Roll A/B:
- 6th Grade-Austin Belt, Sophie Belt, Emily Camacho, Saylar Cropper, Izzy Davis, Jeanelle Drummond, Jada Ferguson, Hunter Goodwin, Aiden Harper, Emilee Hodges, Evan Keaster, Abigail Knight, Drew Mason, Sara McMenis, Zander Olds, Adrianna Phillips, Mason Rowland, Joleigh Saulsbury, Samual Schafer, Jordan Shelby, Pyper Swift, Ethan Tarver, Traeh Vasquez, McKinley Wages, Dawson Walker, Caden Webb, Zachary Womack
- 7th Grade– Presley Ainsworth, Airabe Bautista, Chancie Chandler, Richard Fowler, Cheridan Gafford, Gretchen Goodwin, Hank Griffin, Kylah Hall, Ty Jones, Emma Kelly, Caleb Miller, Fantasya Miller, Gavin Murphy, Lakyn Myers, Avery Neal, Gracie Stewart, Riley Thurmon, Britton Warren
- 8th grade– Emma Anglin, RJ Boone, Carlie Crawford, Bryan Lenz, Taylor McDowell, Tyler Mitchell, Laquincy Nathan, Courtney Pell, Sydney Preston, Beyonica Selmon, Daniel Valdez, Joshua Wilcox
If you are interested in being a member of the Smackover-Norphlet FFA Livestock Show Team for the 2019-2020 school year, there will be a mandatory Show Team meeting for students and parents on Tuesday, April 16, at 6:30 pm in Mrs. Bruton’s Classroom at Smackover High School.
The Norphlet Middle School counselor will begin meeting with all current 5th through 7th grade students after Spring Break to help them in planning which courses the students would like to take for the 2019-2020 school year.
One of the links below is for the Norphlet Middle School Course Catalog for 6th-8th Grade Students. Additionally, links are provided for course selection sheets.
If you have any questions about courses which your child should select, please speak to Mrs. Stacy Jerry.
Do you want to keep up with what’s happening in the Smackover-Norphlet School District?
You can follow The Buckaroo Blog via email by entering your email address on the lower right hand column on the blog. If you do this, you will receive an email any time information is updated about our schools, students, and school-sponsored clubs, activities, and athletics.
There will be a Junior High Cheer meeting for cheerleaders and a guardian on April 4th at 6:00 pm in the Norphlet Middle School library.
Congratulations to the following Smackover Elementary School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the third nine weeks:
- 1st Grade: Olivia Burdue, Liza Knox, Cooper McGaugh
- 2nd Grade: Casynn Dews, Alyssa McVay, Ana Miller, Braden Alexander, Loralie Atkinson, Kate Lee, Dax Preston, Kannyn Preston, Dalton Renfroe, Abi Burdue, Lunden Clark, Sofie Pearson, Tyler Phillips, Eva Ward, Katherine Wolfe
- 3rd Grade: Jewel Arnold, Jackson Cearley, Bryson Hodges, Dylan Holloway, Emily Langley, Blaine Lockey, Kyndal McDonald, Thomas Perry, Skylyn Abeyta, Carson Bates, Romahd Boone, Aubrey Hendricks, Joseph Stevens, August Tolin, Kate Ward, Zy’Laiah Bell, Lillie Fogle, Mason Loschieder, Emerson Neal, Marley Smith
- 4th Grade: Kaylee Carrier, Alexia Eason, La’Trinity Grant, Jackson Lee, Drake McGaugh, Jenica Saulsbury, Hannah Sexton, Irish Wingard, Lynlee Boykin, Ja’Kaden Ford, Abi Graham, Fischer Greer, Jackson Lewis, David Mendenhall, Alexa Jennings
- 5th Grade: Aiden Allen, Mason Barnes, Brandon Cowsar, Ethan Freeman, Ethan Hodges, Camille McKnight, Stephani Perrin, Melanie Rodriguez, Anna Spradley, A’olani Baugus, Emmie Belt, Riley Burch, Robert Cardin, Heather Drummond, Dylan Hoover, Emma Funderburg, Lillie Martin, Emily Roberts, Kylee Stewart, Bailey Dearman, Gage Greer, Immanuel Hicks, Caden Long, Charter Rain, Alayjah Strong, Tara Walthall, Grace Wilcox, Eli Willett, Judson Wolfe
Congratulations to the following Norphlet Middle School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goals for the third nine weeks:
- 6th Grade: Austin Belt, Cody Burnopp, Emily Camacho, Dailen Davidson, Janelle Drummond, Raedynn England, Lilly Fife, Dameon Galbraith, Jackson Goocher, Trinity Gossett, Savannah Green, Madison Ham, Nathan Lafever, Colin Maroney, Edgar Montoya, Luke Morgan, Ciana Olds, Hunter Spradley, Tatum Watson, Gunner Zeek
- 7th Grade: Phillip Bailey, Allie Bethany, Cerenity Brant, Jeb Gatewood, Hank Griffin, Kaleigh Jerry, Ty Jones, Christopher Lawrence, Fantasya Miller, Jana Mills, Karson Mixon, Autumn Parker, Evan Phillips, Trazure Shutes, Garrett Whiddon, Zach Wilcox
- 8th Grade: Eli Blackledge, Paul Bramlett, Anna Dixon, Christian Dobbs, Jaylynn Ford, Megan Handly, Trey Hurst, Emilee Jones, Bryan Lenz, Braxton Leopard, Kierra Levingston, Taylor McDowell, Tyler Mitchell, Kayden Olds, Courtney Pell, Sydney Preston, Hailey Renfroe, Kamea Robinson, Jayden Ross, Josh Wilcox
Congratulations to the following Norphlet Elementary School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goals for the 3rd nine weeks:
- Kindergarten: Alder Galusha, Morgan Hansen
- 1st Grade: Bailey Ayala, Heaven Banks, Gracie Duncan, Lily Goodwin, Lila Haas, Piper Hansen, Justus Hicks, Nicole High, Adalyn Hubbard, Cheyanne Livingston, Cameron McGhee, Hunter Moore, Donald Newton, Cierra Philyaw, Jacob Reeder, Erielle Rucks, Aubree Taylor, Gunner Taylor, Leigha Thornton, Brittlyn Tillman, Brady Tregre, William Tuberville, Brycen Winborn
- 2nd Grade: Kylie Allen, Annsley Baker, Jarrett Brant, Serenity Bridges, Dylan Collins, Adelei Dunn, Laurel Green, Kenyatta Honeycutt, Sonny Magee, Adyson Ponder, Christopher Scioneaux, T.C. Spall, Landen Tate, Lydia Tipton, Lane Williams
- 3rd Grade: Makayla Blackledge, Jeremy Critton, Jasper Galusha, Travis Tuberville
- 4th Grade: Daniel Collins, Sophia Davis, Anna-Claire Jones, Adellany Lee, Paisley Ponder, Hosam Saleh, Karma Samuels, Keaton Thurmon
- 5th Grade: Dalton Baker, Paige Brewer, Alexander Butterfield, Jaylynn Crawford, Oakley Hubbard, Ryleigh Hudson, Julia James, Braydon Mooney, Kelea Murry, Lauralei Ponder, Tyler Reeder, Alex Rowland, Karyn Runge, Jonah Shryock, Aydon Tanton