To celebrate Homecoming Week, Smackover Preschool students dressed up for Crazy Day!
September 29, 2020
Dear Buckaroo Family and Community,
This letter is to inform you that a student or staff member at Smackover Preschool has tested positive for COVID-19. District and school administration has followed response protocols issued by the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and contacted the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).
Students and staff who were in “close contact” will be notified by the school nurse or school administration. The district is thoroughly disinfecting and sanitizing facilities appropriately.
As we continue to work through these situations together, know that the Smackover-Norphlet School District will be transparent if and when these situations occur. As a reminder, please keep your child home if:
- He/she is running fever or feels ill
- Has been around a possible COVID-19 case
- Has been tested for COVID-19 (Even if your child is tested after school hours, on a holiday break, weekend, etc. and receives a negative test, please call the school nurse for follow up guidance on returning to school.)
In accordance with confidentiality laws and HIPPA regulations, the Smackover-Norphlet School District is not allowed to release identifiable information of individuals with COVID-19.
Thank you for your flexibility and partnership as we work through these situations together! Go Bucks!
Norphlet Middle School celebrated Homecoming Week by dressing up in a college shirt for Monsters University Dress Up Day.
The Smackover Junior High Football team will play at Mineral Springs on Thursday, October 1, at 6 pm.
Congratulations to the following FFA students for their excellence at the Union County Fairgrounds:
- Kendall Key – Grand Champion Market Hog, Grand Champion Prospect Hog, and Grand Champion Senior Showman
- Trey Darden – Reserve Champion Market Hog, Grand Champion Commercial Gilt, and Reserve Champion Senior Showman
- Rikki Holloway – Grand Champion Market Goat, Grand Champion Commercial Doe, Supreme Grand Champion Doe & Reserve Champion Senior Showman
- Emily Bailey- Grand Champion Market Lamb, Grand Champion Commercial Ewe, Reserve Champion Commercial Ewe, and Grand Champion Senior Showman
Dear Friends, Class Mates, and Students of Sam Halbrook,
Sammy has passed.
We are numbed by this sad news. If you want to do something constructive to honor the memory of this wonderful person, we would suggest this action. Make a donation in Sam’s memory to the Smackover High School Band Activity Account. Sam was the band director at SHS from 1963 to 1969. The band was Sammy’s first love and his students grew from his devotion to the band.
Please make your check payable to: “SHS Band Activity Account”
and mail to: Lori Willis, Business Manager
Smackover – Norphlet School District
112 E. 8th St.
Smackover, Ark. 71762
Ms. Willis will see that your donation is channeled into the correct account and Mr. Tracy Walker, SHS Band Director, will insure that your donation is spent for the good of SHS music students.
Gary Greene, SHS Class of 1953
Lou Ella Humphrey, SHS Class of 1953
Flu clinic for Smackover Elementary School and Smackover High School will be held on October 16, 2020 at Hobgood Auditorium.
Flu forms are being sent home this week.
Please fill out front and back and make sure you sign the forms or no flu vaccination will be given.
- These forms need to be returned to the school nurse no later than 10/13/20.
- No forms will be accepted after this date.
The Norphlet Middle School flu clinic is scheduled for October 30, 2020. A reminder will be posted closer to that date.
The Junior High Buckaroo football team took on the Harmony Grove Hornets Thursday night. Below are pictures of the players and cheerleaders in action!