Classes will resume on all campuses on Monday, November 30.
We look forward to seeing everyone then!
Students in Mrs. Russell’s 4th grade math classes at Smackover Elementary School use the hallway for a “scoot” activity.
Smackover Preschool students celebrated our veterans during the Veteran’s Day parade.
Mrs. Knox’s fourth grade students at Smackover Elementary School created a collage of text features.
Congratulations to the following Smackover High School students who had excellent academic achievement during the first 9 weeks.
- Honor Roll: Charlotte Aerts, Abby Beavers, Kourtney Bryan, Erin Crecelius, Madison Dews, Kenadee Eisler, William Hamilton, Drew Haynes, Stormy Lewis, Melanie McNeely, Preston Oliver, Anniston Ross, Marley Shairrick, and Courtney Smith.
- Merit List: Brianna Alphin, Lindy Bates, Allison Beavers, David Davis, Audrey Dearman, Austin Goodwin, Paige Goodwin, Adriana Grant, Laci Jackson, Hayley Johnson, Kendall Key, Javion Lee, Ja’miya Murphy, Brooke Patton, Bailey Rivers, Karis Robinson, Elizabeth Rodriquez, Anna Sanders, and Jack Surbrook.
- Honor Roll: Landree Clark, Gerardo Guadarrama, Anna Morgan, and Justice Nelson.
- Merit List: Riley Belt, Breanne Boyce, Chace Brumley, Mason Bullard, Olivia Bullard, Laylah Gaston, Andre Harris, Madison Johnson, Zachary Kiddy, Kaylee Manasco, Ma’Kalia Massey, Claire Schibler, Delilah Slater, Skyllar Tanner, Colton Thomas, Kayla Thomas, and Jewel Tolin.
- Honor Roll: Carlie Crawford, Anna Dixon, Christian Dobbs, Emilee Jones, Abby Lovell, Kayden Olds, Sydney Preston, and Jayden Ross, and Daranpop Songsawas.
- Merit List: Emma Anglin, Danielle Counter, Megan Handley, Abby Lovell, Taylor McDowell, Tyler Mitchell, Kayden Olds, Courtney Pell, Kamea Robinson, Meg Rogers, and Beyonica Selmon
- Honor Roll: Presley Ainsworth, Piper Bowen, Abby Brewer, Trace Davis, Landen Duck, Gretchen Goodwin, Kaleigh Jerry, Cole McNeely, Caleb Miller, Colin Miller, Tanner Mitchell, Lakyn Myers, and Riley Thurmon.
- Merit List: Airabe Bautista, Caden Boykin, Cerenity Brant, Austin Burns, Eli Dearman, Christopher Detraz, Holly Drummond, Richard Fowler, Cheridan Gafford, Isaiah Gaston, Tyler Gorman, Jamiaus Graham, Kylah Hall, Brennan Holland, Brooklyn Johnston, Ty Jones, Jada Lewis, Janetta Mills, Karson Mixon, Kendall Mixon, Avery Neal, Autumn Parker, Cheyanne Plunkett, Nick Saulsbury, Trazure Shutes, Jai’Ron Washington, and Ba’niya Welch.
Congratulations to the following Smackover Elementary School students for their academic achievements for the first nine weeks of school:
All A Honor Roll – 1st Nine Weeks
- 1st Grade: Johanna Beebe, Emalea Chenoweth, Jaxon Demorrow, Makayla Harper, Ryker Herrera, Reese Landry, Murphy Preston, RaNiyah Renix, Ryder Walthall, Avery Wesson, Tatum White, Bridger Wilson, Emalin Anderson, Ke-Asia Grant, Ben Langley, Colten Magee, Kayleigh Williams, Rex Ainsworth, Brock Bagwell, Kensington Ballard, Landon Everett, Kennedy Frachiseur, Brinley Goodwin, Tristan Hensley, Mackenzie Huckabee, Michael Lewis, Jonah Murry, Savannah Smith, Leann Stamper, Jady Vega, Jeremiah Dunn, Jase Knight, Raylan McGowen, Addylie Mitchell, Justin Squyres, Serena Vaughan, Ja’Corion Williams, and Sylus Wooden-Shaw
- 2nd Grade: Brooklynn Abeyta, Maddox Ballard, Morgan Hansen, Geneva Hensley, Abdiel Hernandez, Jace Blackledge, Taylor Carter, Landon Crockett, Slayton Cropper, Kennadie Hervey, Madison Lucas, James Renfro, Hadlee Richard, Addison Smith, Brissa Hernandez, Aden Irons, Finleigh Moffett, Mac Bruton, Jezael Millan, Beau Miller, Trevor Ponder, and Dylan Porter
- 3rd Grade: Izzy Boothe, Ashlyn Harris, Ciera Hodges, Madelyn Johnson, Sophia Lupton, Cooper McGaugh, Cierra Philyaw, Erielle Rucks, Aubree Taylor, Donald Tomboli, Brylee Black, Olivia Burdue, Adalyn Hubbard, Liza Knox, Brooklyn Landry, Emmitt Anderson, Aidynn Calloway, Justus Hicks, Tylor Hodges, Allie Jackson, Brady Odom-Tregre, Dylan Dews, Kaylen Hall, Ben Mittiga, Jacob Reeder, Leigha Thornton, and Makenna Thurlkill
- 4th Grade: Axell Diaz, Laurel Green, Ashton Schibler, Kyleigh Wisinger, Abigail Burdue, Casynn Dews, Adelei Dunn, Sonny Magee, Anabelle Miller, Lydia Tipton, Rachel Davis, Laykah Eury, Kannyn Preston, Taylor Scott, Landon Waxley, Lunden Clark, Kate Lee, Abigail Lucas, Sofie Pearson, Dax Preston, Eva Ward, Katherine Wolfe, and Sawyer Carter
1st Nine Weeks Merit List
- First Grade: Wilson Jeffress, Braxton Ramey, Jaxon Reed, Colton Blackledge, Kindall Carter, Nevaeh Ferrell, Lexie Griffith, Lynnlee McKnight, Jaxon Parker, Jayce Schofer, Makayla Demorrow, Logan Landry, Addison Parker, Dyar Preston, Eli Strange, Zoee Abeyta, Christopher Ackerson, Nathaniel Dalton, Victoria Estabrook, Za’Nylah Hicks, Brynlee Jones, Brandon Myers, and Bella Thompson
- 2nd Grade: Carly Brooks, Noah Dalton, Jaxson Holmes, Hunter Manning, Cason Odom-Tregre, Zoe Smith, Brannon Tomlinson, Karis Hansen, Serenity Sweaza, Starr Wilson, Damien Abeyta, Gracie Belt, Miguel Cruz, Dexter Gaines, Grayden Howe, Avery Kate James, Dreydan Kid, Braden Spaulding, Devon Brown, Emmalei Bullock, Gabriel Buzbee, Ethan Estabrook, Levi Foust, Connor Harris, Tristan Harrison, Isabella Hinson, Emoree Holley, Sophie Hudson, Zayden Jones, Brantley Langley, Ja’Myrhiana Nettles, Isabella Patton, Prince Smith, Dylan Thomas, Peyton Davis, Mallorie Hill, Gemma Maroney, Josue Mendoza, Rainy Mullens, Gavin Raley, and Harley Riddell
- 3rd Grade: Harley Benson, Chloe Landry, Zaden McMenis, Rebecca Smith, Tyson Trosclair, Aspen Welch, Mason Winans, Chance Abeyta, Heaven Banks, Alysson Diaz, Lily Goodwin, McKynlie Raley, Alyson Stanley, Ryan Chandler, Jakaylan Hicks, Reid Mathews, Hunter Moore, Tristen Parker, Addison Curtis, Piper Hansen, Kaden Howard, Cameron McGhee, and Jaymy Taylor
- 4th Grade: Derrick Goodwin, Landon Griffith, Analia Ramirez, Tiara Stevens, Kinsley Webb, Alley Ainsworth, Layton Moore, Maddox Surbrook, Loralie Atkinson, Sawyer Carter, Madelynn Massey, Ainsley Ramey, Dalton Renfroe, Annsley Baker, Nolan Massey, Tyler Phillips, Parker Wilson, and Paul Thomas
The Norphlet cafeteria staff will continue to provide to-go meals for all PreK-12th grade students on Wednesday, November 17.
- Time – 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Location – Drive through of the Smackover Preschool in Norphlet
On Wednesday, students picking up food will receive enough food for breakfast and lunch for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
There will be no food distribution on Thursday or Friday.
Smackover Buckaroo Family,
This morning we had to make a difficult decision. After careful consideration for our students’ safety, we have decided to end our football season. We are disappointed, but feel like this is in the best interest of our student athletes. Over the past couple of days there has been an increase in the number of illnesses,quarantines, and injuries in the district. To move forward with Friday nights’ game would undoubtedly place our students at risk. Currently we have the majority of a position group out and will not be able to compete at this time.
This has been one of the toughest decisions we will ever have to face as a coaching staff. We hate it for our players who have worked hard to get here especially our seniors. I’m sure that some people will not agree with the decision, but we all need to remember the most important thing is the safety of our players.
We will have to regroup and come back stronger from this. I want to thank everyone who has helped the program and supports Smackover Buckaroo Football. Especially thank you to all of our players who have continued to work hard during these trying times.