Students in Mrs. Coleman’s second grade class at Norphlet Elementary School are using dictionary skills by solving “Dictionary Mysteries“. They had a great learning experience while using the dictionary skills learned in class.
The Smackover High School girls softball team will play a game HERE on Monday night (April 29) at 4:30 pm against Monticello.
Homework Help! Snacks! Physical Activity!
Register your kindergarten through sixth grade students for after school care provided by the Smackover-Norphlet School District for the 2019-2020 school year!
Pre-Registration Period for 2019-2020: March 15 – April 30, 2019
Registration Fee – $25 per family per year
The registration fee will be refunded only if there are not enough people who pre-register their children to justify the operation of an after school care program.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- My child attended after school care in 2018 – 2019. Do I need to register my child again?
- Yes! Registering your child will help us to determine if there is enough of a need to offer after-school care for the 2019-2020 school year and to appropriately staff after school care. It also helps us to update the parent’s and child’s contact information.
- Why is there a registration fee this year?
- Last year 1/3 of the people who registered their children for after school care services did not use the service. The registration fee helps to guarantee the commitment to use the after school service.
- When will parents be notified if enough students have pre-registered for after school care for 2019-2020?
- The open registration period ends April 30, 2019. We will notify all families who have pre-registered and paid the family registration fee by May 15, 2019.
- Can I still register my child for after school care past the April 30, 2019 deadline?
- Absolutely! However, the district will make a decision regarding offering after school care services based on the number of students who are pre-registered as of April 30, 2019. If you do not pre-register, it is possible that we may not have enough students enrolled to justify offering after school care services.
- Will there be a registration fee if I register after April 30, 2019?
- Yes! Beginning this year, there will be a $25 annual registration fee per family per year.
After School Care Logistics
After-school care will be provided at Smackover Elementary School. Participating students enrolled at Norphlet Middle School will be provided transportation to Smackover Elementary School.
- Option 1 – $7/day for students attending 5 days a week
- Option 2 – $9/day for drop-in students
- Monday through Friday from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Parents who are late picking up their child/children will be assessed an extra fee of $1 for every late minute per child. Students whose parents are late picking up their children more than three times will be dismissed from the program.
- After-school care is not available during the summer or any student holidays.
Early Dismissal Days
- There will be an additional cost of $5 per child for days in which school is dismissed early.
- If school is dismissed early due to inclement weather, after-school care will also be closed.
- Parents are encouraged to pre-pay at the beginning of the week or month.
- Payments are expected to be made by the end of the week in which services are provided.
- Please send payments to the administrative assistant at your child’s school.
- Accounts which are not current by the 5th of each month will be:
- Assessed a $65 late payment fee;
- Student(s) will be dismissed from the after-school program; and
- Paperwork for unpaid fees will be submitted to small claims court.
- Complete an enrollment form for each child. Be sure to provide a working phone number and email address.
- Upon receipt of the enrollment form, your child will be enrolled in our online parental portal powered through Sandbox. (Parents currently enrolled will keep their same parent portal account and password.)
- An invitation email will be sent to the parent to complete the registration process.
Parents must contact the administrative assistant at their child’s elementary school no later than 2 pm on days in which their child/children will need to attend after-school care.
- Norphlet Middle School (5th Grade) – 546-1011
- Norphlet Middle School (6th grade) – 546-1003
- Smackover Elementary School – 725-3601
Congratulations to Mrs. Ginie Cameron for being named the El Dorado-Union County Chamber of Commerce Administrative Professional for 2019!
Mrs. Cameron was recognized at a luncheon on April 24, 2019.
Mrs. Cameron’s formal title is Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent; however, she is so much more than her title. Within the central office, she supports other people in performing their job tasks and she does all of the behind-the-scenes things that help the other central office personnel do their jobs effectively. She is organized, cheerful, and does work to perfection. As the first person that patrons see when arriving at central office, she smiles and puts everyone at ease regardless of how anxious, stressed, worried, or upset they may be.
Mrs. Cameron has worked for the Smackover-Norphlet School District for over twenty-five years and under six superintendents. She knows the traditions of the community and the school district and reminds us of how important it is to celebrate and continue those traditions.
We would like to thank the El Dorado-Union County Chamber of Commerce for recognizing Mrs. Cameron!
The children in Mrs. Donna and Mrs Marsha class at Smackover Preschool had a special visitor on Thursday, April, 18. One of the students brought his pet rabbit, Snowball, for all of the class to enjoy!
Today’s softball game has been canceled.
Thank you to all of the parents, faculty, students, and community for making the Smackover Elementary School BOGO “FIESTA” Book Fair a very successful event!
First through third grade students at Smackover Elementary School who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the third nine weeks got to attend an Easter Egg Hunt last Friday. Students who found golden eggs were able to receive a free book from the book fair this week.