ATTENTION Smackover High School grades 9-12:
The seniors have selected their nominations for Mr./Miss SHS.
Please check your school emails for the election form and make your selection for Mr./Miss SHS 2020.
The deadline for voting is Friday, May 8th.
The Arkansas Department of Human Services is providing a call center to answer questions and assist households with completing the application process for SNAP benefits.
SNAP benefits can provide households with needed income, to provide food for their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The hotline number is 1-833-762-7275 and available Monday-Friday, from 10am-3pm.
Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools is currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year for the licensed positions of:
Head Basketball Coach
Middle School Social Studies
High School English
High School Math
High School Assistant Principal
Please send a completed licensed application, resume’, college transcript, PRAXIS scores, and current teaching license to the Office of the Superintendent. Applications may be mailed to 112 East 8th Street, Smackover, AR, 71762, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Smackover-Norphlet School District would like to recognize all of our food service workers who have continued to work during the pandemic to ensure that our students have meals. Our food service workers are the essential worker heroes of our school district! Thank you for your dedication to our students and our community!
- Meals are available for pick up on Mondays and Thursdays from 11 am – 12: 30 pm.
- There will be enough meals provided to last until the next pick up.
Meal pick up locations:
- Smackover Cafeteria
- Norphlet City Park
Please click here to hear special words from our high school faculty and staff.
In light of the Governor closing all schools for the remainder of the school year, the scheduled date for Smackover High School graduation has been postponed.
As an alternative, but not taking the place of a traditional graduation,
- We will turn on the lights and scoreboard at the Buckaroo football field at 8:00 pm until midnight on May 11, 2020 (the original date of graduation) in order to celebrate our seniors and come together as a community. Feel free to drive through, but stay in your vehicle.
- Graduation poster pictures of each senior will also be placed around the campus to showcase on May 11 as well. The poster will be given to seniors at a later time.
- We also ask that the Smackover community join in and show support for the Class of 2020 on May 11th by displaying messages of support in their business windows downtown.
- A senior video will be created giving all seniors an opportunity to be seen in their cap and gown, share their plans for next year, and thank their loved ones.
During such difficult times, we hope this will bring our seniors a sense of hope and show support and appreciation for the Class of 2020.
A meeting was also held consisting of seniors, teachers, counselor and assistant principal to discuss a tentative date for graduation.
- After much discussion, it was decided that Smackover High School tentative date for graduation is July 3, 2020 at 8:00 pm on the Buckaroo football field.
- The awards and scholarship program will also be earlier that day on July 3rd at 2:00 pm in the Smackover High School Hobgood Auditorium.
- In the event we are under the current social distancing directive from the Arkansas Department of Health and DESE on July 3, 2020, other decisions will be made at that time regarding an alternative graduation option with the well-being of our students, parents, teachers and community members in mind.
The hard copies of AMI Packets Days 11-20 and Days 21-30 must be turned in on May 1st from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in front of the administrative building at Smackover High School.
The AMI Packets for Days 31-45 (to complete the semester) will also be available for pick up on May 1st. These will also be placed on The Buckaroo Blog.
Please continue to practice social distancing while on campus.
If you have any questions, please call the office.