- John Burton will attend the University of Central Arkansas. He has been awarded the Academic Challenge. 4-year value: $14,000
- Haley Clayton will attend the University of Arkansas at Monticello where she has accepted an Academic scholarship. She is the recipient of a Smackover High School Educational Fund scholarship and has accepted the Academic Challenge. 4 year value: $38,200.
- Sequin Cook will attend the University of Arkansas at Monticello. She has accepted the University Scholarship. She has accepted the Academic Challenge. 4-year value: $51,600
- Kelsey Dews will attend South Ark Community College where she has received an Albert W. Loftin scholarship. She has also been awarded a Murphy Foundation scholarship. Total value: $8,916
- Troy Dino will attend the University of Central Arkansas where he has been accepted into the Norbert O. Schedler Honors College. He is the recipient of the First Assembly of God Holland scholarship, a Smackover High School Educational Fund scholarship as well as a Martin Resource Management Corporation scholarship. He has accepted the Academic Challenge. 4-year value: $67,000
- Alesha Billings will attend Southern Arkansas University. She is a recipient of an Ella Louise Sims scholarship and she has accepted the Academic Challenge. 4-year value: $14,500
- Dakota Blakney will attend University of Arkansas at Monticello where he has been awarded a Leadership scholarship. He is the recipient of a Paul C. McDonald scholarship and he has accepted the Academic Challenge. Total value: $20,000
- Aaron Brock will attend Southern Arkansas University where he has received a Leadership scholarship. He has accepted the Academic Challenge. He is also the recipient of the First Presbyterian Church William Lee Boyer Memorial scholarship as well as a Leona Wilson Trust scholarship, the Aerojet Rocketdyne scholarship, Smackover High School FBLA scholarship. Total value: $27,200
- Emily Bunker will attend South Ark Community College. She has been awarded the Albert W. Loftin scholarship. 2-year value: $2,916
- Lindsay Burson will attend Louisiana Tech University where she has been awarded an Outstanding Student scholarship along with the Bulldog out-of-state fee waiver. She is the recipient of a Smackover High School Educational Fund scholarship. 4-year value: $67,480
The Smackover High School Academic Awards Banquet will be Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 6 pm. The banquet will be held in the cafeteria
- Kelsey Abeyta will attend SouthArk Community College. She accepted the Academic Challenge. 4-year value: $14,000
- Gerrett Alphin will attend Arkansas State University. He has accepted to the Honors College where he has received an Arkansas Promise. He has accepted the Academic Challenge. 4-year value: $26,000
- Morgan Anders will attend SouthArk Community College where she has received the President’s scholarship. She has accepted the Academic Challenge. 2-year value: $9,832
- Antonisha Barker will attend Henderson State University where she has been awarded the University Centurium scholarship. She has accepted the Academic Challenge and is a recipient of the Smackover High School Educational Fund scholarship as well as an Ella Louise Sims and the Terri Fite Tennyson scholarships. 4 year value: $42,000
- Brittney Barnhardt will attend SouthArk Community College. She has been awarded a $500 SHS Coca-Cola scholarship.
It has been our pleasure to serve the children in the Smackover School District during the 2013-2014 school year!
This summer will be a busy summer for our faculty and staff as we prepare for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year. We welcome the students, parents, and faculty of the Norphlet School District into the Smackover-Norphlet School District beginning July 1, 2014. Exciting times are certainly ahead as we make plans for reorganizing the campuses!
If you are looking to stay up-to-date on school related information this summer, then we would encourage you to follow The Buckaroo Blog this summer. We will continue posting throughout the summer to keep you informed of the latest and greatest information regarding the District. On July 1, we will have a fresh, updated look to The Buckaroo Blog. Make sure you check us out to see the changes!
You can follow The Buckaroo Blog via email by entering your email address on the lower right hand column on the blog. If you do this, you will receive an email any time information is updated about our school, students, and school-sponsored clubs, activities, and athletics.
We hope that you have enjoyed the information found on The Buckaroo Blog and that it has helped to keep you informed about our District.
The Smackover School District is pleased to present you with the following information regarding the class of 2014:
- High School Seniors – 51
- 4 year college/university – 29 (approximately 57%)
- 2 year college – 11 (approximately 22%)
- Technical college – 4 (approximately 8%)
- Military – 2 – (approximately 4%)
- Work Force/Other – 5 (approximately 9%)
We congratulate the class of 2014 and we wish them much success as they pursue their dreams!
Over the next week, the Smackover School District will honor graduates of the class of 2014 who were awarded scholarships.
The total value of all of the scholarships awarded to the class of 2013 totals $1,065,061.
The Buckaroo Blog will highlight five scholarship recipients a day beginning tomorrow.
Smackover High School has a few left over yearbooks from 2010-2013. The cost is $5 each.
Please contact Mrs. Tonya Corley, yearbook advisor, for more information.
The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, May 19, 2014. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Recognized the SHS Boys Baseball Team for their outstanding season and their excellent behavior while at the state tournament.
- Presented SHS eWeek competition students with $200 and a commemorative coin from Lockheed Martin.
- Recognized Murphy Aycock and Joseph Clark for being the State Winners of the FCCLA Star Events in Interior Design.
- Recognized Jonna Bates as the Teacher of the month.
- Recognized the following retiring employees: Linda Warner, cafeteria worker with 34 years service, and Earlene Eubanks, cafeteria manager with 19 years of service.
- Approved licensed personnel policies, classified personnel policies, and other district policies.
- Accepted the resignation of one employee.
- Approved the non-renewal of two employees.
The Smackover School District Board of Directors meets in regular session on the third Monday of every month in the board room of the central office at 5:30 pm. The public is welcome to attend.
Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools
NOTICE OF VACANCY
The Smackover-Norphlet School District is currently accepting applications for 2014-2015 for the following positions:
Elementary Special Education Teacher
(Norphlet Elementary School)
(Norphlet Elementary School)
Life/Earth Science Teacher (7-12)
(Norphlet High School)
Physical/Earth Science Teacher (7-12)
(Norphlet High School)
Mathematics Teacher (7-12)
(Location to be determined)
Must have current Arkansas teaching license in the appropriate subject and grade level.
Please submit application, resume’, transcript, and current copy of teaching license to Superintendent Dave Wilcox, 112 East 8th Street, Smackover, AR 71762.
The All Sports Banquet will be Monday, June 2, 2014, at 6 pm. The banquet will be held at the City Park.
The banquet will be catered by Woods. The cost will be $10 per person.
Please sign up and pay for the banquet in the high school office.