Boone Dearman, a third grader at Smackover Elementary School, was recognized as the Smackover-Norphlet School District’s Student of the Month for September by the Board of Directors.
Boone was described by his teachers as sweet, kind, and hard-working.
We congratulate Boone for his excellence at Smackover Elementary School!
Chris Williams was selected as the Smackover-Norphlet School District Teacher of the Month for September. Mr. Williams teaches multiple social studies courses at Norphlet High School. In addition, he also coaches.
We honor Coach Williams for his outstanding performance in teaching and in athletics.
Would you like to be in the Smackover High School Homecoming Parade?
Click on the link below for registration information. The deadline for registration is Thursday, October 2, 2014 at noon.
SHS Homecoming Parade
The Smackover High School Homecoming will be Friday, October 3, 2014. All schools in the district (including Smackover Preschool) will be dismissed at 1 pm so that students, parents, employees, and community members may enjoy the homecoming activities!
Homecoming Dress Up Days for Smackover High School students:
- Monday, September 29 – Tacky Tourists
- Tuesday, September 30 – Super Hero Day
- Wednesday, October 1 – Class Country
- Thursday – T-shirt Day
- Friday – Dress Up Day
Tuesday, September 30
- 7:15 pm – Snake Dance for the community and bonfire followed by cookout
Thursday, October 2
- 7:30 pm – 9 pm – Parking Lot Dance for 7th – 12 grade students
Friday, October 3
- 1 pm – School dismissed
- 1:30 pm – Coronation followed by the Homecoming Parade
- 7 pm – Pre-game Ceremonies
- 7:30 pm – Smackover High School vs. Lake Village
JUNIOR HIGH BAND
GAME @ NHS
THURSDAY, SEPT. 25TH
- 5:45PM Roll call in band room
- 6:00PM Rehearsal with Smackover JR Band
- 7:00PM Game begins
- 8:30PM Game ends/bring equipment back to band hall
- 8:45PM Dismissal
Uniform for game: khaki pants, black socks, black shoes, black belt, tucked in band polo shirt (new ones should be in).
Bring: instrument, music (borrow a flip folder if needed from a HS student), money for concessions, great smile and confidence!
PEP RALLY: Thursday during school
- Dismiss from 4th period at 11:00
- Load bus & leave for SHS at 11:09
- Pep rally begins at 11:35
- Load bus and leave for NHS @ 12:00
- Lunch 12:15
UNIFORM for pep rally: try to wear black, red, or white spirit school shirt and blue jeans.
Bring: instrument (out of case on bus) and music
SENIOR HIGH BAND
SHS vs. Fouke
SR Norphlet Band Itinerary
- 2:30 band hall roll call; pack
- 3:00 leave
- 5:00 stop in Texarkana to eat (bring enough money for fast food)
- 6:00 leave
- 6:30 arrive at game and unload to stands
- 7:30 game begins
- 10:00 game ends
- 10:15ish leave
- 12:45ish arrive @ NHS; unload; dismissal
UNIFORM: polo, khaki pants, black belt, black shoes, black socks (jacket if needed must be: school colors black, white, red, or even gray)
NEED: money for food at mall and concessions, water, instrument, music
- 11:00 dismiss from class
- 11:10 leave with instrument put together
- 11:35 pep rally begins
- 11:55 pep rally ends
- 12:05 leave for NHS
- 12:15 arrive eat lunch
UNIFORM: wear spirit clothing NEED: instrument (no case), music
The NHS Student Council will be taking one last order for “Standing Together” t-shirts. This is a black shirt that has a buckaroo and leopard on the front with 2014 and has a buckaroo boy and leopard girl on the back. The shirt’s $12. Send your money and order form to Ms. Lyn Jackson at NHS by Tuesday, September 30th.
There will be a meeting for parents of Smackover High School 8th grade students on Monday, September 22, at 5:20 pm in the Smackover High School library.
This meeting is to discuss the homecoming float for the 8th grade class.