Smackover High School Band students performed well at the most recent competition. Congratulations to these students!
- Frazier, Alyssa Michelle – 2nd Division Ensemble
- Belt, Savanah Shae – 2nd Division Emsemble
- Holland, Lainey Grace – Duet 1st Division, Solo 2nd Division
- Newton, William Lacurtis – 1st Division Solo
- Huckabee, Caleb Matthew – 1st Divivsion Solo
- Pennington, Brandon Joseph – 1st Division Solo
- Ruddell, Haley Christian Duest – 1st Division,Solo 1st Divison
- Grant, Alondra Janay – 1st Division Solo
- Hargett, Aubrey Duet – 1st Division, Solo 1st Divisioin
- Kinley, Abel Carl – 1st Division Solo
- Novack, Calan Paul – 2nd Division Ensemble
- Faust, Brittany Sky – 1st Division Solo
- Robinson, Carl Louis – 2nd Division Ensemble
- Slater, Gabriella Blaine – 2nd Division Solo
- Golden, Elizabeth Anne – 1st Division Duet,1st Division Solo
- Wintersteen, Jon Thomas – 2nd Division
- De Soto, Julian Marie
Mulerider Kids College is a summer enrichment program for children entering into 1st through 6th grades. Our goal is to provide the children in our community with exciting and stimulating learning opportunities to enhance their education without the pressure of grades, homework, or tests. Mulerider Kids College offers several unique classes that are fun, entertaining, and educational! Classes are taught by SAU faculty, staff, and local teachers that are committed to providing students with a great experience! SAU will also host its first annual Mulerider Teen College this summer.
MKC is a four day camp where students will take three 60 minute classes of their choice, per availability. Children will be grouped according to the grade they will be entering into. All age groups will be provided with a snack, t-shirt, and bag. Students choosing to enroll in both morning and afternoon camps will be provided lunch in the cafeteria.
Southern Arkansas University will host its first annual Mulerider Teen College this summer! This will be a three day camp for students entering into 7th – 9th grades. MTC is designed to give Junior High students fun and educational experiences outside of a regular classroom setting. Students will have the opportunity to choose three classes, participate in leadership activities, and experience hands on learning! They will gain insight into different subjects that will ultimately help them decide what college majors to pursue.
Mulerider Teen College (MTC) will be July 5th – 7th, 8am – 12:30pm. Tuition will be $50 and that includes a t-shirt and lunch each day.
For more information about SAU Magnolia’s Mulerider Kids College and Mulerider Teen College, click here.
Nominations for possible placement into the Gifted and Talented Program are on-going throughout the year.
Students can be nominated by a parent, teacher, peer, community member, or themselves.
The deadline to return a nomination form for possible placement at the beginning of the next school year is April 13, 2017. All nominations must be submitted to the GT Coordinator by that date.
Nomination forms may be turned into either elementary office or mailed to 112 East 8th Street, Smackover AR 71762.
Parents desiring additional information should contact Ms. Britany McGaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870) 725-3601.
Congratulations to the students with the following numbers for making the 2017-2018 Junior Bucks cheerleading team!
Smackover High School now has a Bass Fishing Team. We currently have 13 student anglers who are very excited to get started fishing tournaments throughout the state.
Each fishing tournament requires the students to fish in teams of two students per boat and have a boat captain at least 19 years of age.
Anyone who has a boat and is willing to be a boat captain for our student anglers are encouraged to contact the SHS Bass Fishing Team adviser, Jason Arrington, at email@example.com
Congratulations to the following Norphlet Middle School students at the solo ensemble earlier in March!
- Bullard, Mason Kelly – 2nd Division Duet
- Burch, Samantha Danielle – 2nd Division Duet
- Davis, Cade – 2nd Division Solo
- Galvan, Ellen Mae – 1st Division Solo
- Gatewood, Alec Henry – 2nd Division Solo
- Harrison, Jonah Jeffrey – 1st Division Solo
- Johnston, Dru Danielle – 2nd Division Duet
- Lewis, Stormy Cheyenne – 2nd Division Solo
- Morgan, Anna Elizabeth – 1st Division Solo
- Novack, Dylan Cade – 1st Division Solo
- Ponder, Briana Michelle – 2nd Division Duet
- Ramsey, John Anthony – 2nd Division Duet
- Rester, Tiyas Omarion – 1st Division Duet
- Rodriguez, Elizabeth – 2nd Division Solo
- Samuel, Lyric MeKahia – 2nd Division Solo
- Slater, Delilah Raine – 1st Division Solo
- Smith, Kalee Scott – 1st Division Duet
- Williams, Demetrius Calvin – 1st Division Solo
- Thornton, Madison Paige – 1st Division Solo
- Preston, Sydney Michele – 1st Division Solo
- McDowell, Taylor – 1st Division Solo
- Levingston, Kierra Elaine – 1st Division Solo
- Hurst, Robert Anthony – 1st Division Solo
- Holloway, Rikki Alayne – 2nd Division Solo
- Emerson, Amry Leona – 1st Division Solo
- Anglin, Emma Lynn – 2nd Division Solo
- Counter, Danielle Marie – 1st Division Solo
- Litton, Makenzie Marie – 1st Division Solo
- Pennington, Emma Lee Lynn – 1st Division Solo
- Robinson, Charlotte Kamea – 1st Division Solo
Congratulations to the girls who made the senior high cheer team!
Fundraising forms MUST be picked up from the school office Thursday.