Smackover students traveled to UCA in Conway for the State math competition to be held Saturday, April 28. Students qualified at District Competition to compete in Pre-Calculus, Statistics, Geometry or Algebra II. Competitors include Drew Haynes, Caleb Huckabee, Ty McCurry, Micah Smith, Isaac Woollen, Kayleigh Yeager. The trip is sponsored by math teacher Shelly Childers.
Smackover Elementary School 4th graders participated in a field trip sponsored by LanXess to celebrate Earth Day.
Please note the following upcoming end of school events:
- Monday, April 30 – No school
- Monday, May 14 – Graduation (Dismissal at 12:30)
- Tuesday, May 15 – Early Dismissal for Faculty/Staff Safety Training (Dismissal at 12:30)
- Tuesday, May 22 – Semester Tests (Dismissal at 2:00)
- Wednesday, May 23 – Semester Tests (Dismissal at 2:00)
- Thursday, May 24 – Semester Tests (Dismissal at 2:00)
- Friday, May 25 – Semester Test Make Up/Last Day of School (Dismissal at noon)
Smackover Preschool will dismiss early on May 15 and May 25 only.
Arkansas Bassmasters High School Series State Championship Tournament was a two day fishing tournament held on Lake Ouachita April 14-15 for those teams who have competed in all Bassmaster High School tournaments during the season and qualified to participate.
After the first day of competition, David Martin and Trey Darden, student-anglers on the Smackover High School Bass Fishing Team were on top with their 5 fish limit totaling 17.26 pounds. There were 30 boats entered in the tournament from across the state.
The second day proved more challenging for everyone with much colder temperatures and high winds. The Martin/Darden team caught 11.62 pounds for a 2 day total of 28.88 pounds and garnered them 3rd place overall in the Bassmasters High School State Championship receiving $250, Lew’s reels and other prizes. JD Martin was the boat captain for the two student-anglers.
Another Smackover High School student-angler team, who qualified to participate in the state championship was Ethan Warren and Robert Dixon. They also made a strong showing with a 2 day total of 18.42 pounds.
The deadline is approaching to purchase elementary school yearbooks for both Norphlet Elementary School and Smackover Elementary School.
The form below was sent out earlier this year. The deadline to order is Friday, May 4, 2018.
Norphlet Middle School 8th Grade students in Mrs. Wisinger’s STEM class recently dissected and labeled parts of a sheep brain.
- Students who will be turning 11 on or before September 1, 2018, are required to have a Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis) immunization before school starts. If your child is already 11 or older and does not have this immunization, it is still required.
- Students who will be entering the 7th grade must have a MCV (meningitis) vaccine before school starts.
- Students turning 16 on or before September 1, 2018 must have a MCV (meningitis) vaccine as well, even if you have already received one.
- Student’s entering school for the first time should have their immunizations reviewed by the school nurse to ensure compliance.
- Norphlet School Nurse Traci Jeffers: (870) 546-1014
- Smackover School Nurse Michelle Martisek: (870) 725-1214
For free help in preparing for the ACT test, go to https://academy.act.org/ .