Parents, just a friendly reminder to update your child’s immunizations before the 2018-2019 school year, and bring a copy of the updated immunizations to the school as well! Students must have up to date immunizations before entering school, and it’s not too early to start getting them now! Some of the times immunizations are due are as follows.
- Students who will be turning 11 on or before September 1, 2018, are required to have a Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis) immunization before school starts. If your child is already 11 or older and does not have this immunization, it is still required.
- Students who will be entering the 7th grade must have a MCV (meningitis) vaccine before school starts.
- Students turning 16 on or before September 1, 2018 must have a MCV (meningitis) vaccine as well, even if you have already received one.
- Student’s entering school for the first time should have their immunizations reviewed by the school nurse to ensure compliance.
For more information, please contact the school nurses:
- Norphlet School Nurse Traci Jeffers: (870) 546-1014
- Smackover School Nurse Michelle Martisek: (870) 725-1214