The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Tuesday, March 12. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Presentation was made by attorney Gene Bramblett, regarding a contract proposal for the incoming superintendent
- A report on changes to the ALE program for the 2013-2014 school year was presented.
- Approved the selection of math textbooks recommended by K-12 math teachers for textbook adoption.
- Approved the proposed school calendar for the 2013-2014 school year. This will be presented to the Personnel Policy Committees (PPCs) for review and response prior to final approval in April.
- Approved the tentative addendum to the district bereavement policy. This will be presented to the PPCs for review and response prior to final approval in April.
- Information was presented about IRS regulations for booster clubs.
- Announced that the current K-12 student enrollment was 787 students.
- Discussed the licensed PPC salary proposal.
- Recognized Tommy Norrell for his years of service on the Smackover School District Board of Directors.