Smackover Preschool honored Mr. Joe on Wednesday, March 17th for his dedicated service to the preschool. He will be miss dearly!
TO: Senior Class
FROM: Senior Sponsor, Mrs. Bates
SUBJECT: Senior Information
Friday, May 7, 2021 – Senior Day/Graduation Rehearsal
9:00 Senior Day Awards Program at Buckaroo Stadium followed by Graduation Rehearsal.
You are to wear jeans and your class shirt. You will be placed in the order you will enter the field. Seniors will be seated on the field. Guests/students will sit in the stands. During the Senior Day Awards Program, all awards and recognitions will be announced.
Immediately following the ceremony, there will be a rehearsal for graduation (seniors only). We will walk through the lineup, give you all details of the graduation program, and we will finish as quickly as possible.
Monday, May 17, 2021 – Senior Reception/Graduation Ceremony
2:00-4:00 Class of 2021 Senior Reception
Tables will be set up for seniors that would like to present a “brag board” with pictures, awards, scholarships, future plans, etc. Each student is responsible for their brag board. Refreshments will be provided. The event will be held at First Baptist Church Family Life Center at 201 West 7th Street in Smackover.
6:00 p.m. Hobgood Auditorium—Graduation Individual Pictures.
8:00 p.m. Graduation at Buckaroo Stadium. You will proceed in and out of the stadium, as rehearsed on May 7 after Senior Day. Guests will be seated in the stands.
- Females: Dark dress/skirt and dress wedges or flats, NO FLIP FLOPS, TENNIS SHOES, OR STILETTOS.
- Males: Dress slacks, dress shoes with socks and collared shirts with a tie. NO FLIP FLOPS, SANDALS, TENNIS SHOES, or WORK BOOTS.
Attention all 9th – 12th grade students:
If you are interested in being a member of the Smackover FFA Livestock Show Team for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year, please contact Mrs. Bruton at email@example.com or (501) 860-2665 and sign up.
Deadline to sign up is April 30, 2021.
Students who are planning on playing softball for the 2021- 2022 school year:
There is a MANDATORY meeting on Wednesday, April 21st at 6 PM in Hobgood Auditorium for parents and players interested or already planning to attend the spring trip to Orlando.
The April 21st softball game vs PC is cancelled.
There will be a softball game vs McGehee on May 4th in Smackover at 4:30 pm.
Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools
NOTICE OF VACANCIES
Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year for the classified position of:
Please send a completed classified application and resume’ to 112 East 8th Street, Smackover, AR, 71762 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Smackover-Norphlet School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assistant Football Coach Job Description
Qualifications: As determined by the Arkansas Department of Education
Reports to: Athletic Director, Head Coach and Principal
Supervises: Student athletes and classroom students
Assistant Football Coach/Spring Sport (TBD). K-12 Health PE certification preferred. Possible Coordinator position. Minimum of 5 years experience preferred. Interested Applicants can contact Athletic Director David Osborn at email@example.com or (870)310-1659
Assistant Coach Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out all duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Complies with the Smackover-Norphlet School District Expectations of Coaches and
Chain of Command.
- Meet all certification and licensing requirements of the Arkansas Department of
Education, Arkansas Activities Association, and Smackover-Norphlet School District for
teaching and coaching.
- CPR and AED certified.
- Class B CDL with airbrakes
- Implements all goals as set forward by the head coach.
- Supervises players at all times.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games as directed by head coach
- Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and
uniforms and updated inventories are turned in
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and
disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts
- Responsible for seeing that players follow all AAA guidelines for sportsmanship.
- Is responsible for knowing and abiding by the rules and regulations of the AAA, the
Conference, the SNS Board of Education policies, and Athletic Department procedures.
- Assist the head coach with equipment issues and inventory.
- All coaches are expected to report for the start of the season and to attend any and
all meetings necessary for the organization pertinent to the sport.
- Is responsible for promoting the program in a positive manner.
- Provides the athletic director and the head coach with information regarding team
issues when necessary.
- Follows all AAA guidelines regarding sportsmanship.
- Works with the High School Coach to maintain and beautify all home facilities
pertinent to the sport coached
School Linked Health Center Administrative Assistant
Special Programs Director
Our School Linked Health Center needs an experienced administrative assistant who
can take over the administrative duties involved with coordinating student patients and
making both dental and medical physician schedules that also align with academic
schedules. This person must be a professional who believes that our students deserve
to be healthy and that they will do better academically if their medical needs are met.
The job includes significant amounts of multi-tasking, but the ideal candidate will know
when to slow down and when to fight for our students when it comes to their health.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
-Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office
-Answers phone calls, schedules medical and dental appointments for students, and
supports visitors to the office
-Carries out administrative duties such as typing, filing, copying, scanning, etc.
-Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, email, or in person
-Supports team by performing tasks related to the success of the SLHC and the District
-Maintains confidentiality in all matters
-Transports students to and from medical and dental appointments each week as
-Maintains professional and working relationships with staff at dental and medical
providers to facilitate and ensure a smooth operation of those services.
-High school diploma or equivalent education required
- 2+ Years working as an Administrative Assistant
-Experience working with computers
-Valid driver’s license
-Must pass all background checks, including a Child Maltreatment Check
The April 26th softball game vs. Monticello has been changed to May 3rd at 4:30 p.m.