Smackover Preschool celebrated Arkansas Children’s Week last week. As part of the festivities, the children paraded around the Smackover High School football field with Smackover Elementary and Smackover High School students cheering them on. Following the parade, students went to the First Baptist Church Family Life Center for lunch.
Check out the updated Parent Resource Guide!
If you are looking for some great activities for your children during the summer months, you won’t want to miss some of the new additions which have been added including:
- Horse Camps
- Vacation Bible School
- Golf Camp
- Church camp
- STEM programs
- SAAC Summer Camps
…..and so much more!
If your organization’s activities aren’t included in the Parent Resource Guide yet, please complete the form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org .
There will be a tuition-free STEM program for girls in 6th through 8th grades at SouthARK Community College this summer!
SouthARK Community College and Verizon are preparing the next generation for a future filled with
opportunities. They are offering a free program to engage middle school girls in Science, Technology,
Engineering, and Math (STEM). Through the program, girls will get hands-on, immersive learning of
design thinking, 3D printing, augmented reality and social entrepreneurship.
- There is no cost for students.
- Lunch will be provided over the summer, with transportation available upon request.
- Participating students will receive a tablet for the duration of the program.
- Dates: July 15 – August 2
- Time: 8 am to 5 pm
- Duration: The program is three weeks in the summer plus one Saturday a month through the school year.
- Location: SouthARK Community College
How to Register:
For more information, please contact Cathy Harrell at email@example.com
Attention parents and guardians of students who will be attending 5th through 8th grades at Norphlet Middle School next year:
- Registration forms for current sixth and seventh graders must be turned in to Mrs. Jerry by April 18th.
- Current fifth graders from NES and SES will attend orientation at Norphlet Middle School on May 10 at 1:30 pm.
- Current fourth graders from NES and SES will attend orientation at Norphlet Middle School on May 15 at at 1:30 pm.
8th grade students enrolled in the Medical Detectives class at Norphlet Middle School dissected sheep brains to learn more about brain structures.
This time of year is very busy for FFA! Please make note of the upcoming events:
FFA Supper and Auction
- Date – Friday, April 26, 2019.
- Time – 6 pm
- Location – Smackover Cafeteria
- Menu – BBQ plate, dessert, and drink (Cost $6)
FFA Plant Sale – The FFA plant sale will be April 29 – May 10.
FFA Banquet – The FFA banquet will be May 7 in the Smackover Cafeteria,
Congratulations to the following Smackover Elementary School students for making the honor roll for the third nine weeks of school!
All A’s Honor Roll
- First Grade: Julianna Ayres, Olivia Burdue, Alysson Diaz, Liza Knox, Brooklyn Landry, Cooper McGaugh, Rebecca Smith, Tyson Trosclair, Kaylen Hall, Ashlyn Harris, Ciera Hodges, Allie Jackson, Madelyn Johnson, McKynlie Raley, Alyson Stanley, and Makenna Thurlkill
- Second Grade: Casynn Dews, Axell Diaz, Alyssa McVay, Anabelle Miller, Layton Moore, Tiara Stevens, Abigail Burdue, Lunden Clark, Sofie Pearson, Eva Ward, Katherine Wolfe, Braden Alexander, Kate Lee, Dax Preston, Ashton Schibler, and Sawyer Carter
- Third Grade: Jackson Cearley, Emily Langley, Blaine Lockey, Keldan Capuria, August Tolin, Kate Ward, Zy’Laiah Bell, Lillian Fogle, Taylor Gray, Emerson Neal, Drake Rester, and Marley Smith
- Fourth Grade: Abigail Graham, Ramsey Wilson, Kaylee Carrier, Alexia Eason, Jackson Lee, and Jenica Saulsbury
- Fifth Grade: Cash Moffett, Melanie Rodriguez, Ella Rogers, Stefan Slaughter, Caden Long, Linly Mills, Brady Pearson, Grace Wilcox, Eli Willett, and Judson Wolfe
A/B Honor Roll
- First Grade: Kaden Howard, Reid Mathews, Isabella Moorefield, Chance Abeyta, Aidynn Calloway, Zaden McMenis, Kayden Roberson, Emmitt Anderson, Brody Baughn, Israel Boothe, Addison Curtis, Sophia Lupton, Aden Phillips, and Kilayah Smith
- Second Grade: Alley Ainsworth, Riley Born, Taylor Scott, Brayden Smith, Carson Williamson, Kyleigh Wisinger, John Fitzgerald, Aubrey Rowland, Maddox Surbrook, Loralie Atkinson, Kannyn Preston, Kenzie Raborn, Analia Ramirez, Landon Waxley, Kinsley Webb, and Paul Thomas
- Third Grade: Jewel Arnold, Dylan Holloway, Kyndal McDonald, Esmeralda Mendoza, Trason Parlor, Thomas Perry, Jesse Saulsbury, Skylyn Abeyta, Slade Arnold, Carson Bates, Romahd Boone, McKinley Eisler, Aubrey Hendricks, Trevor Jackson, Vance Martin, Michael Simpson, Joseph Stevens, Chloe Goocher, Baylee Ham, Ryder Poindexter, Lukas Pullig, and Dylan Roper
- Fourth Grade: Lynlee Boykin, Jackson Lewis, Ryan Maroney, David Mendenhall, Hadley Porter, Peighton Thurman, Ava Walker, Addison Wallingsford, La’Trinity Grant, Elise Hackenberger, Alexa Jennings, Drake McGaugh, Sarah McLean, Jill Selmon, Hannah Sexton, Alexia Weeks, Irish Wingard, Danny Guadron, and Justin Guadron
- Fifth Grade: Mason Barnes, Sophie Childers, Justyce Eakes, Ethan Freeman, Blaine Harris, Lillian King, Jake Matthews, Camille McKnight, Stephani Perrin, Alyssa Mae Thomas, A’Olani Baugus, Emmie Belt, Riley Burch, Robert Cardin, Asher Coley, Sarah Cook, Caydee Holloway, Dylan Hoover, Mason Kidd, Preston Manasco, Carson Williams, Bailey Dearman, Gage Greer, Immanuel Hicks, Charter Rain, Alayjah Strong, Tara Walthall, and Brianna Washington