Mrs. Jameson’s kindergarten class at Smackover Elementary School used Goldie Blox as part of the PLTW Science Unit.
Smackover Preschool and Norphlet Middle School are conducting a practice emergency drill at 9 am today (November 14).
The Smackover-Norphlet School District welcomed Senator Trent Garner as the speaker prior to the Grand Finale at the 5th Annual Family STEM Night.
The scholarship is entitled the Arkansas Futures Program.
What is the AR Futures Program?
Arkansas Future (ArFuture), is the newest state grant program. The purpose of this grant is to increase the education and skills of Arkansas’s workforce in an affordable manner. The grant applies to students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) or regional high demand areas of study. The grant will cover tuition and fees for qualifying certificate and Associate degree programs at Arkansas’ public institutions for eligible students. The grant is available on a first come, first serve basis.
What programs of study will this scholarship cover?
There are a wide variety of programs covered by this scholarship locally at SouthARK Community College and SAU Tech. Typically a certificate of proficiency takes one semester to complete. A technical certification usually is a two-semester program. An associate’s degree can often be completed in two years.
For more information about the Arkansas Futures Program, click here.
Smackover Elementary School students with classes in Building B decorated their outside courtyard and parking lot to honor Veterans.
Last night over 850 people attended the 5th Annual Family STEM Night at Norphlet Middle School. It was a great evening filled with dancing ooblek, shooting galleries, film production, tinkering, science experiments, hands-on medical equipment, and so much more.
Parents and students:
Just to let you know…
- These industries want to hire you when you graduate from high school or college.
- The colleges who were here last night want you to come be a part of their programs.
- The reason they come to our Family STEM Night is to hopefully recruit YOU!
- So work hard, do your best, and then consider a career with great benefits from the industries who came last night!
Thank you so much to our partners for who provided activities and door prizes!
- Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources
- Canfor Southern Pine
- El Dorado Chemical
- Lockheed Martin
- Medical Center of South Arkansas
- Murphy Oil
- Murphy USA
- Southern Arkansas University
- SAU Tech: Aviation Maintenance
- SAU Tech: Film Programming
- Smackover High School Engineering Department
- SouthARK Community College: Process Technology
- SouthARK Community College: Information Technology
- SouthARK Community College: Anatomy and Nutrition
- SouthARK Community College: Health Sciences
- Union County Sheriff’s Office: Search and Rescue/SWAT Teams
Thank you to the following for your support:
- Coca Cola – Donating drinks
- Crotty Casing Crews – Ice chests, grills, and cooking food
- NMS Student Council – Serving food
- Sysco Food – Donating food
- Smackover Police Department – Providing security