Choir Dates for 2015 – 2016
Dates in BOLD are mandatory.
- October 3 (Saturday) – Senior High All-Region Tryouts @ Lakeside High School
- October 17 (Saturday) – Junior High All-Region Tryouts @ Bethel Middle School
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day Program
- November 14 (Saturday) – All-Region Clinic @ First Baptist Church of Benton
- December 13 (Sunday) – Senior High Christmas Concert 6pm in school auditorium (2 pm)
- December 6 (Sunday) – Junior High Christmas Concert 6 pm in school auditorium(2 pm)
- February 25-26 TBA – Choral Performance Assessment @ OBU
- March TBA – Music in Our Schools Assembly
- May 5 – Spring Choir Concert 6pm in high school auditorium
Please note ALL mandatory dates are a graded event. If a student misses a performance (only for a good reason), they must make up the grade with an individual singing test.
For more information, please contact Ms. Charlsie Falcon.
Smackover football program ads for your student athlete, band member, or cheerleader are available for purchase.
Please complete and return the bottom portion of the form with payment to Tammy Ward by August 25, 2015.
Football, golf, and tennis pictures will be made Monday, August 24th, beginning after lunch.
Picture order forms will be handed out on Friday, August 21st. Players should bring completed forms and money on Monday if they intend to order pictures.
Attention parents of Smackover Elementary School students!
Please mark down these important dates:
- September 2 – Individual School Pictures
- September 4 – PTO Kick off in the Cafeteria
- September 15 – Parent Teacher Conference (Buses run at 1:00 pm ) Conferences are from 1:30 – 7:00
- September 25 – SHS Homecoming (Buses run at 1:00 pm)
- September 27 – 2nd & 3rd grade PTO Meeting at 6:00 pm in the auditorium
- October 28 – Smackover Flu Clinic
2015 Smackover-Norphlet Tennis Schedule
- August 18 – Boys at Parkers Chapel
- August 20 – Girls home against Parkers Chapel
- August 25 – Teams at Crossett
- August 27 – Teams at Fordyce
- September 1 – Teams at Prescott
- September 3 – Teams home against Crossett
- September 8 – Teams home against Fordyce
- September 12 – Saturday Play Date at Parkers Chapel
- September 17 – Teams home against Prescott
Other matches to be add in September – TBA
- October 6th – District Tennis Tournament at Burns Park (Little Rock – 9 am start) – District Tournament rain out day will be October 7, if needed.
- October 19th – 20th – 3A State Tennis Tournament at Burns Park
Smackover Preschool has 2 ABC slots and 1 paying slot available for four year old children.
To qualify for ABC slots, a child must have at least one of the following characteristics:
- Family with gross income not exceeding 200% of FPL
- Parents without a high school diploma or GED
- Low birth weight (below 5 pounds, 9 ounces)
- Parent is under 18 years if age at child’s birth
- Immediate family member has a history of substance abuse/addiction
- Has a demonstrable delay as identified through screening
- Eligible for services under IDEA
- Income eligible for Title 1 programs
- Limited English Proficiency
- Parent has history of abuse or neglect or is a victim of abuse or neglect
Please contact Debra Tolin at 725-3651 for more information.
The first morning of school was a success in transporting students between campuses! The shuttle buses pulled out right on time and arrived at their destination on time as well.
Thank you to all of the parents, students, bus drivers, and staff members who worked so hard to make sure that all students arrived to the correct campus safely and on time!