Assistant Football Coach Job Description
Qualifications: As determined by the Arkansas Department of Education
Reports to: Athletic Director, Head Coach and Principal
Supervises: Student athletes and classroom students
Assistant Football Coach/Spring Sport (TBD). K-12 Health PE certification preferred. Possible Coordinator position. Minimum of 5 years experience preferred. Interested Applicants can contact Athletic Director David Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870)310-1659
Assistant Coach Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out all duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Complies with the Smackover-Norphlet School District Expectations of Coaches and
Chain of Command.
- Meet all certification and licensing requirements of the Arkansas Department of
Education, Arkansas Activities Association, and Smackover-Norphlet School District for
teaching and coaching.
- CPR and AED certified.
- Class B CDL with airbrakes
- Implements all goals as set forward by the head coach.
- Supervises players at all times.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games as directed by head coach
- Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and
uniforms and updated inventories are turned in
- Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and
disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts
- Responsible for seeing that players follow all AAA guidelines for sportsmanship.
- Is responsible for knowing and abiding by the rules and regulations of the AAA, the
Conference, the SNS Board of Education policies, and Athletic Department procedures.
- Assist the head coach with equipment issues and inventory.
- All coaches are expected to report for the start of the season and to attend any and
all meetings necessary for the organization pertinent to the sport.
- Is responsible for promoting the program in a positive manner.
- Provides the athletic director and the head coach with information regarding team
issues when necessary.
- Follows all AAA guidelines regarding sportsmanship.
- Works with the High School Coach to maintain and beautify all home facilities
pertinent to the sport coached