Smackover High School students may pick up their schedules on August 1, 2019 at the following times:
- Seniors: 8 am to 9:30 am
- Juniors: 9:30 am to 11 am
- Sophomores: 12 pm to 1:30 pm
- Freshman: 1:30 pm to 3 pm
The 7th grade girls basketball team will have practice on Wednesday and Thursday (July 17 and 18) at 2 pm.
Practice will be at the Smackover High School gym.
Norphlet Middle School students in grades 6 – 8 may pick up their schedules on the following dates:
- July 31, 2019 from 8 – 11 am or 1 – 3 pm
- August 1, 2019 from 8 – 11 am or 1 -3 pm
The Smackover-Norphlet School District has been working hard this summer to create the safest transportation plan for all of our students for the 2019-2020 school year. Based on the recommendations of a district team, the following plan will be put into place at the beginning of the school year.
K – 4th Grade Students:
Transportation for K-4 students living in Smackover and Mt. Holly will remain the same.
Transportation for students living in Norphlet and Calion will be provided through the regular bus route so that elementary students will be picked up at their home and dropped off at the elementary school in the morning. These students will be returned to their home by school bus in the afternoon.
There will be NO drop-off of K-4th grade students at Norphlet Middle School this year.
- Elementary students will NOT have to change buses.
- Elementary students will have full supervision from the time they step on the bus in the morning until the time they are returned home in the afternoon by school district employees.
5th -12th Grade Students:
Transportation for 6th through 12th grade will remain the same as last year. 5th graders will now also follow this same plan.
For students in 5th through 12th grades who will use the shuttle buses:
- Students will be assigned to a specific shuttle bus this year so that they have the same bus driver every day.
- The shuttle buses for 5th through 12th grade will leave between 7:15 am and 7:20 am.
- Do NOT drop off students for the shuttle buses before 7:10 am.
New students who need bus transportation:
If your child has not previously ridden a bus and you need bus transportation, please contact the school office where your child will be attending school during the 2019-2020 school year.
Please be patient with us during the first few weeks of school as we work through this transition.
The 8th and 9th grade girls’ junior basketball team will begin practice on Tuesday, July 9.
- Time: 11 am – 1 pm
- Location: Norphlet Middle School new gym
There will be an Open Gym for for any 7th grade girl or any girl interested in playing on the senior high girls’ basketball team on Monday, July 8.
- Time: 9 – 11 am
- Location: Smackover High School gymnasium
There will be a team important team meeting at 9 am before Open Gym begins.