Students with the SHS Bass Fishing Team went to Southern Arkansas University to assist in a fishing derby for children.
- Excellent Rating
- Overall 2nd Place Division
Congratulations to these students and to band director, Mr. Tracy Walker!
Smackover Elementary School 3rd through 5th grade classes competed in the annual kickball tournament last week. All classes completed the kickball unit in P.E. by competing in a single elimination tournament.
The championship game between Mrs. Gathright’s 5th grade class and Mrs. Pyron’s 5th grade class was held in the high school indoor practice facility. The students learned about sportsmanship, teamwork, applying rules and strategies.
Mrs. Gathright’s class won the championship game. Another award was given to the class that showed the best sportsmanship throughout the unit. The class that won the sportsmanship award was Mrs. Russell’s class.
Next week, October 23-27, is Red Ribbon Week! Don’t forget to participate in the Red Ribbon Week Activities for each campus!
Norphlet Elementary School
- Monday– Sock it to drugs – Wear crazy socks
- Tuesday-Team up against drugs- Wear your favorite team shirt
- Wednesday– Pledge to be drug free- Wear Red day
- Thursday– Put a lid on drugs- Wear a hat
- Friday– Fight the war against drugs- Wear Camo
Smackover Elementary School
- Monday—Red Day
- Tuesday—Camo Day
- Wednesday—Orange Day
- Thursday—Movie Character Dress Up Day
- Friday—Career/Reverse the Role Day
Norphlet Middle School
- Monday– “Sock it to Drugs” (Crazy socks)
- Tuesday– “Team Up Against Drugs” (Jerseys)
- Wednesday– “Pledge to Be Drug Free” (Wear Red)
- Thursday– “Peace out to Drugs” (Hippie day)
- Friday– “Fight the War Against Drugs” (Camo day)
Smackover High School
- Monday – Red Ribbon Day
- Tuesday – Twin Day – “Buckaroos – Partner Up Against drugs”
- Wednesday – Hat Day – “Buckaroos – Put a Lid on Drugs”
- Thursday – Hippie Day – “Buckaroos – Peace Out On Drugs”
- Friday – Wear Black or White OR COSTUME for Contest – “BUCKAROOS – “OWL Never Do Drugs…Spook ‘em”
Fifth grade students in Mrs. Tina Stringer’s social studies classes at Smackover Elementary School made totem poles and wrote a narrative explaining the raising of their totem poles during a potlatch, the meanings of their animals, and how the potlatch ended.
Norphlet Middle School will be hosting its first VEX competition on Saturday, November 11, at El Dorado High School. This competition will give area high school and middle school students the chance to challenge each other with their robots.
Volunteers are needed to help out as judges, set up for the matches, emceeing, and many other tasks. No experience is necessary. All necessary training will be provided.
Please complete the linked form if you are interested in volunteering. Thank you for your consideration and thank you for helping the children of South Arkansas.
The Smackover High School Marching Band attended the UAM Kappa Kappa Psi Marching Contest on Saturday, October 14, and received the following honors:
- 1st Place division Percussion
- 2nd Place division Band
- Best in class division flag line
- 2nd place division drum major
Congratulations to the following Smackover High School students for meeting their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the 1st nine weeks!
- 9th Grade: Abby Beavers, Dylan Calloway, Rylee Darden, Alec Gatewood, Andrew Haynes, Gracie Muckelrath, Hannah Parker, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Anniston Ross, Jordan Vines, and Caleb Watson
- 10th Grade: Trenton Bailey, Joel Brewer, Kendyl Burns, Braden Doherty, Olivia Edney, Rett Gatewood, Lainey Holland, William Newton, Jo Pennington, Haley Ruddell, Illian Russell, and Micah Smith
- 11th Grade: Hannah Freeman, Brady Lavoie, Kayleigh Yeager, Patricia Bolen, Blakely Lewis, Lilah Todd, Mary-Claire Wilcox, Lai’gle Bates, Dallas Bolling, Alondra Grant, Colby Pearson, Hannah Squyres, Austin Groves, Johnathan Pottorff, Abel Kinley, Gracie Ragan, Anastasia Tharrett, and Makayla Toney
- 12th Grade: James Pennington, Morgan Wells, Brayden Belt, Justin Berry, Courtney Bridges, and Precious Dorman