Do pumpkins sink or float?
That is the question in Ms. Karla’s preschool class at Smackover Elementary School.
The students tested it and learned that pumpkins float!
Smackover Elementary School 4th graders have been super busy in the past few weeks!
- Mrs. Wood and the 4th grade students sang songs about Fall/Halloween to parents on Tuesday night.
- Students who scored Ready or Exceeding in various subject areas on the ACT ASPIRE test were recognized and were given a certificate.
- The 4th grade AR achievers were also recognized.
- In Mrs. Arrington’s science class, 4th graders studied energy conversions by building a bicycle which will convert human chemical energy to mechanical energy.
Congratulations to the following Norphlet Middle School students for their outstanding academic achievements for the first nine weeks of school!
- 6th grade: Abby Brewer, Jeb Gatewood, Emma Kate Gottberg, Kylah Hall
- 7th grade: Bryan Lenz, Sydney Preston
- 6th grade: Presley Ainsworth, Kortney Akis, Phillp Bailey, Airabe Bautist, Caden Boykin, Cailsen Crotty, Cheridan Gafford, Gretchen Goodwin, Kaleigh Jerry, Ty Jones, Emma Kelly, Joshua Malin, Caleb Miller, Colin Miller, Janetta Mills, Lakyn Myers, Avery Neal, Wyatt Parker, Cheyanne Plunkett, Riley Thurmon, Zachary Wilcox, Rylie Williams
- 7th grade: Emma Anglin, Erin Bolen, Kameron Collins, Carlie Crawford, Anna Dixon, Jayden Ford, Rikki Holloway, Emilee Jones, Taylor McDowell, Tyler Mitchell, Kayden Olds, Meg Rogers, Beyonica Selmon, Landon Smith, Daniel Valdez, Sydney Zeek
- 8th grade: Emily Bailey, Riley Belt, Breanne Boyce, Chase Brumley, Kenley Brumley, Landree Clark, Calvin Collins, Laylah Gaston, Andre Harris, Gabbi Kelly, Emma Machen, Mathieu Malin, Kaylee Manasco, Janessa McGhee, Anna Morgan, Evan Pietranski, Kenzie Preston, John Ramsey, Rhett Richardson, Skyllar Tanner, Kelsey Wade, Belle Ward
Smokey the Bear and the Arkansas Forestry Commission visited Smackover Elementary School 2nd grade students last week. A book was read about preventing forest fires.
Congratulations to the following Norphlet Elementary School students who met their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the first nine weeks!
- 1st Grade: Annsley Baker, Serenity Bridges, Dylan Collins, Isabella Daniell, Abby Lewis, Sonny Magee, Lydia Tipton, Hunter Welchman, and Klare Yarbrough
- 2nd Grade: Makayla Blackledge, Mia Brown, Kade Crawford, Jasper Galusha, Saylor Greer, Georgia Gulley, Delilah Hansen, Nolan Massey, Evin Morgan, Christopher Millan, Sky Riggins, Britain Sanchez, Claira Spall,Travis Tuberville, and Kyra Winget
- 3rd Grade: Daniel Collins, Daymion Samuels, Paisley Ponder, Hosam Saleh, and Karma Samuels
- 4th Grade: Paige Brewer, Alexander Butterfield, Jaylynn Crawford, Olivia Fuller, Ryleigh Hudson, Julia James, Marlee Johnson, Kelea Murry, Jacob Pennington, and Karyn Runge
- 5th Grade: Hunter Goodwin, Trinity Gossett, Savannah Green, Emily Loggins, Delaney Mason, Bradley Ponder, and Jordan Shelby
Mrs. Jennifer Baysinger’s kindergarten students at Smackover Elementary School just completed their PLTW STEM module: Structure and Function. The students explored the engineering design process and created their own paintbrushes.
Show your Buckaroo Spirit with the 2017-2018 Smackover FFA T-Shirt!
The price is $20 for each shirt. Available sizes are adult small through adult 3X.
If you are interested in purchasing a shirt, please email email@example.com
with the size you would like to order by Friday October 27, 2017.
The 3rd Annual Family STEM Night will be held Tuesday, November 7, 2017, from 5:45 – 8 pm at Norphlet Middle School. This evening is going to have lots of super fun activities, free food, and cool door prizes!
This event is open to all K-12 students, parents, and community members!
New this Year: A Laser Light Show presented by Lockheed Martin beginning at 7:30 pm in the new gymnasium at Norphlet Middle School!
Door Prizes will also be given following the Laser Light Show!
How to Win a Door Prize:
- Choose a cool STEM activity to do from 5:45 – 7:15 pm in one of the classrooms at Norphlet Middle School!
- Receive a ticket for each STEM activity you complete.
- Put your name and phone number on the ticket. Tickets will be collected at a ticket table in the middle school hallway and in the foyer of the new gymnasium at NMS.
- Join us for the Laser Light Show in the new gymnasium at 7:30 pm. Following the laser light show, there will be a drawing for door prizes.
While we can’t reveal all of the great door prizes which will be given away yet, we would like to thank Lockheed Martin for their donation of the following door prizes:
one (1) iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi 128 GB – Space Gray
five (5) HP Chromebook 11 G4
If you would like a chance to win an iPad Mini or one of five Chromebooks (or any of our other fabulous door prizes), then join us at the 3rd Annual Family STEM Night!
Congratulations to the following Smackover Elementary School students for meeting their Accelerated Reader (AR) goal for the first nine weeks!
- 3rd: Alexia Eason, Jackson Lee, Drake McGaugh, Jenica Saulsbury, Ava Walker, Lynlee Boykin, La’Trinity Grant, David Mendenhall, and Ramsey Wilson
- 4th: Riley Burch, Cash Moffett, Melanie Rodriguez, Eli Willett, and Judson Wolfe
- 5th: Cody Fitzgerald, Dameon Galbraith, Tatum Watson, Kaden Thompson, Madison Ham, and Janelle Drummond
Fifth grade students in Mrs. Kelly Arrington’s science class at Smackover Elementary School are participating in the PLTW module, Infection Detection. Through this module, the students are doing an immune system study.