The Smackover High School softball team will play at Drew Central at 4:30 pm on Thursday April 23, 2015.
Smackover High is 19 units short of the goal to achieve the LifeShare scholarship funds. If anyone is willing to give at any LifeShare location and ask to credit it to SHS, we can possibly still reach our goal before graduation.
Smackover High School FBLA students attended the state conference in Little Rock on April 13 and 14. Students who qualified as district winners were eligible to compete at state.
Highlights from the trip include:
- Tori McKinnon was inducted as the State Vice-President from District III. She will begin her duties at officer training and at the National FBLA Conference in Chicago in June.
- Krisanna Reynolds was a finalist in Public Speaking II and placed 5th in the State.
- The team of Ty Davis, Tyler Waxley, and Just Ervin were state finalists in Sports Management and Marketing.
- Precious Dorman was a state competitor in Client Services.
- Brycelynn Bailey competed in Computer Applications.
Congratulations to these students!
Norphlet High School Band members participated in a regional solo and ensemble festival at Star City last Friday. The following awards were given:
- NHS junior high band – Excellent 2nd Division Rating for their large ensemble performance
- Brianna Peachey – Excellent 2nd Division Rating for solo performance
- Gabriella Slater – Excellent 2nd Division Rating for solo performance
- Amber Sweeney – Superior 1st Division Rating
- Jasmin White – Superior 1st Division Rating
Jasmin White was also judged by the woodwind professor from SAU and was offered a $1,000 per semester increase in her scholarship making it the maximum offered music scholarship of $2,500 per semester.
Congratulations to all the band students who participate on Friday!
Smackover Preschool will be having an end of the year program on May 21st at 6:30 pm in Hobgood Auditorium.
The program will be called “Summertime” and feature songs by The Beach Boys. The three and four year old students will be performing.
Click on the link below to access the agenda for the Smackover-Norphlet School District Board of Director’s meeting which will be held on April 20, 2015 at 5:30 pm in the board room of the central office.
The Smackover High School HOSA (Health Occupations Student Association) is teaming up with Grammi’s Gang again this year by sponsoring Change for a Cure Week, April 20-24. The Smackover School District was the leading fundraiser for Grammi’s Gang last year. All donations go towards finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. We would greatly appreciate any donation you are willing to give.