Date: December 6, 2014
Location: Norphlet High School Gymnasium, MacMillan St., Norphlet, AR (Look for the signs)
- Elementary – 9:00am-11:00am
- Middle School – 11:30am-1:30pm
- High School – 2:00pm-4:00pm
- 1st and 2nd place team trophies in each division
- 1st-5th place individual medals for each gender in each division
- $2 for adults
- $1 for school age children (K-12)
- FREE for competitors, coaches, and bus drivers
It’s going to be a lot of fun with music, door prizes for coaches and competitors, concession stand (chicken strips, cheeseburgers, hamburgers, fries, nachos, popcorn, drinks, candy, pickles, hot dogs), 50/50 raffle every 2 hours, and a fun coaches shoot in between divisions!
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled time and pick up your packets at the check-in table when you enter.
- Shooters must be on the waiting line ready to start at the designated time.
- A competitor does not have to compete with a team to qualify for individual awards.
- Competitors registered with a team will automatically qualify for individual awards.
- A team is considered to have at least 12 archers (4 girls, 4 boys, 4 either boys or girls). If you want to bring more than 12, we will score the teams the same as they do in regionals and state by taking the top four girls’scores, top four boys’ scores and then next top four scores regardless of gender.
- All competitors can win individual awards even if their score was not included in the teams score.
- Awards will be given within 30 minutes after all scorecards are turned in for that division.
- We will shoot 4 ends of 5 arrows at 10 meters (1st end is practice/ no score round) and 4 ends of 5 arrows at 15 meters (1st end is practice/no score round).
- If a student has a bounce out, they may raise their hand and an arrow will be replaced.
- If an arrow is damaged, the archer can raise their hand to get that arrow replaced.
- To keep things moving, the competitors will not have to score arrows. There will be enough volunteers to score for them.
Volunteers are needed to help with the tournament in the areas of admissions, concession, scoring, lane judges, setup/cleanup, and/or check-in. Individuals interested in volunteering may contact Coach Stefanie Magee at (870) 310-1372 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hosting a tournament takes a team effort. Our archery program does not have a budget each year and we have to raise all funds for equipment, tournaments, and any other expenses associated with the National Archery in the Schools Program. Coaches are volunteers and rely on the community support to help keep this a free activity for the students.
We would like for you to contribute to our continued success with this program by making a donation to help defray from the costs of running a tournament. We are expecting 100 participants and close to 150-200 spectators. A list of needed items are below. Please contact Coach Stefanie Magee for any questions regarding donations at (870) 310-1372 or email@example.com .
- Gift Cards ($5-$10)
- small gift items appropriate for grades 4-12 and coaches
- hamburger buns
- hot dog buns
- hamburger patties
- hot dogs
- chicken strips
- french fries
- nacho cheese
- nacho chips
- popcorn for the popcorn machine
- any type of candy bars