Tryouts were recently held at Smackover High School for Drum Major and Color Guard. Congratulations to the following students who were selected for 2014-2015:
- Drum Major – Cammie Martin
- Color Guard Captain – Sena Brumley
- Color Guard Co-Captain – Makara Frazier
- Color Guard Members – Kashauna Williams, Ashley McKnight, Laura Deal, Santavia Ellis, Adrianna Thurman, and Caitlyn Turner
The ‘S’ Factor Talent Show was held in Hobgood Auditorium on Friday, April 11, under the direction of Program Coordinators Veronica Jenkins (Drama Club Director) and Brooke Mendenhall.
The Master of Ceremonies was Brandon Moore. The Stage Crew consisted of Tyler Stevens, Kashuana Williams, Hailey Watson, and Johniece Schafer. Sound was engineered by Dakota Blakney. Judges for the competition included Le Bryant Crew, Chauna Edney, and Mike Means.
Listed below are the student winners in each category:
- 1st Place – Brooke Roden
- 2nd Place – Skylar Givens
- 3rd Place – Liz Harrison
- 1st Place – Luke Landreneau
- 1st Place – Makara Frazier
- 2nd Place – Haley Clayton
- 3rd Place – Elizabeth Golden
‘S’ Factor Talent Show Overall Winner
Congratulations to these students!
Congratulations to the following Smackover High School Juniors for being selected to attend Boys and Girls State this summer!
Boys State Delegates:
Girls State Delegates:
- Dakota Alexander
- Grace Nash
Smackover Preschool students participated in the annual Arkansas Children’s Week Parade held in downtown Smackover. Parents, students, and community members joined together to celebrate our kids!
Don’t miss the opportunity to purchase the 2013-2014 Smackover Elementary Yearbook!
The 2013-2014 yearbook is in full color and features students from Smackover Elementary and Smackover Preschool.
The yearbook will arrive much earlier this next year! There will be a Yearbook Signing Party on Friday, August 29, 2014 from 2:00 -2:30 pm!
Order forms have been sent home with students. Additional order forms are available in the elementary office. The cost of the yearbook is $10.
- Complete the order form and return it to the elementary school with payment by April 17, 2014. (Please make checks payable to Smackover Elementary School.)
- Order online at http://www.JostensYearbooks.com and find Smackover Elementary School. Online orders are due by May 27, 2014.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Candy Phillips, PTO President/Yearbook Adviser.
The Smackover School District’s FFA Chapter is selling Hanging Baskets. For more information regarding pricing, please contact Mr. Jimmie Tucker.
Check out the slideshow to see pictures of some of the items for sale!
The following changes have been made to the softball and baseball schedules for this week:
- Monday, April 7 – Softball is HERE today with Parkers Chapel. The start time for the game is at 6 pm.
- Tuesday, April 8 – Softball and baseball are HERE tomorrow with McGehee.
Arkansas Children’s Week will be celebrated April 7 – 11, 2014. In honor of Arkansas Children’s Week, the three and four year old preschool students will participate in the annual Arkansas Children’s Week Parade in downtown Smackover on Wednesday, April 9, at 9 am. The parade will begin behind the First Baptist Church.
The infant and toddler classrooms will parade on the preschool parking lot.
The infant and toddler parade will begin when the three and four year old students arrive back on the preschool campus following the downtown parade.
Parents and community members are invited to attend.
Reminder: Preschool pictures have been rescheduled for Thursday, April 10.
Due to Thursday night’s storms, the softball and baseball games scheduled at Harmony Grove for tonight have been cancelled.
Smackover Elementary students participate in Natural High Day each spring. Natural High Day will be held on Friday, May 9, 2014.