The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, December 16, 2013. The following are highlights from the meeting:
- Recognized Mrs. Shelly Childers as the Employee of the Month. Mrs. Childers is dedicated to ensuring that all of her students learn math and provides tutoring to students before school, after school, and at lunch to support them.
- Recognized the Principal’s Leadership Award recipients: Lindsay Burson, Troy Dino, Emily Porter, Haley Clayton, and Mallory Pyron.
- Recognized Mrs. Clarice Long as the VFW Teacher of the Year.
- Recognized the Senior Cheer Team for winning the 3A division from the Arkadelphia Cheer Competition.
- Recognized the Senior Football Team for making it to the semi-finals of the state championship.
- Presented a letter from State Senator Johnny Key recognizing Smackover Elementary School for its designation as an exemplary school.
- Listened to a report from Mr. Mike Cobb regarding the recent audit of the Smackover School District. Cobb reported that the district had met all of the requirement for the year ending June 20, 2013 and had received a clean audit.
- Adopted a resolution regarding the Six Year Master Facilities Plan.
- Approved a $500 bonus for all district employees.
The Smackover School Board meets in regular session on the third Monday of every month*** at 5:30 pm in the board room of the Central Office. The public is invited to attend.
***Due to holiday in January and February, the board has rescheduled meetings for those months. The January meeting will be held on January 27th and the February meeting will be held on February 24th.