The Smackover School Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, November 18. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Recognized Mathieu Malin as the Student of the Month. Mathieu is fourth grade student at Smackover Elementary School who is a leader within his classroom and school, a high achieving student, and an encourager to his classmates and teachers.
- Recognized Karla Darden as the Employee of the Month. Ms. Karla has been a PreK teacher for over 15 years with the Smackover School District. She loves her students deeply and provides support and leadership to her co-workers.
- Recognized Smackover Elementary School for being named one of nine Exemplary Schools by the Arkansas Department of Education.
- Acknowledged the receipt of an Arkansas Better Beginnings (ABC) Preschool Incentive Grant of $1,000 and an ABC Professional Development Grant of $1,500.
- Accepted the resignation of one employee.
- Received brief budget training provided by Business Manager Lori Willis.
Smackover Elementary School Principal Holly Strickland, Mathieu Malin, and School Board President Joe Bates.
Special Programs Director Teri Philyaw, Karla Darden, and Board President Joe Bates.