The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, September 16, 2013. Highlights from the meeting included:
- Recognized Elaine Parham, retired teacher with a plaque to honor her thirty-three years of dedicated service to the school district.
- Recognized Logan Clark with a Smackover High School Outstanding Leadership Award, praising him for his character, compassion, and willingness to do the right thing.
- Listened to a report regarding changes to the ALE program for the 2013-2014 school year.
- Approved a policy to be added to the student handbooks.
- Tabled the approval of the district budget and the special education budget.
Mrs. Parham with Jerry Hegwood, Smackover School Board Vice-President.
Logan Clark with Jerry Hegwood and Jan Henderson, High School Principal.