The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, July 15, 2013. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Reported that Smackover Preschool’s Arkansas Better Chance (ABC) grant application has been approved by the State Board of Education.
- Approved the Smackover Preschool Handbook.
- Approved policies related to board governance; licensed personnel; students; curriculum and instruction; school, home, and community; business and financial management; and classified personnel.
- Hired Charli Neal as an elementary teacher and Mike Moss as a high school teacher/coach.
- Approved the Discipline of Students with Disabilities Section of the 2013-2014 Smackover High School Handbook.
The Smackover School District Board of Directors meets in regular session on the third Monday of every month at 5:30 pm in the board room at the central office. The public is invited to attend.