The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, January 21, 2013. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Approved Melissa Rocconi, LEA Supervisor, as the individual responsible for implementing a surrogate parent program for the Smackover School District.
- Approved an overnight trip to Fayetteville for agriculture students.
- Changed the board meeting dates for February and March to Tuesday, February 19, and Tuesday, March 12.
- Accepted a letter of resignation from Don Smeltzer, Superintendent, effective June 28, 2013.
- Tommy Norrell submitted his letter of resignation as Board Member and Board President, effective immediately.
The Smackover School District Board of Directors meets in regular session on the third Monday of every month at 5:30 pm in the board room of the central office. The public is invited to attend.