The Smackover School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Tuesday, December 11, 2012. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Mike Cobb, certified public accountant for the Smackover School District, presented the annual audit report. There were no negative findings in the report.
- Listened to a presentation from First Security Vice President Ray Beardsley in which the Board was advised not to increase the salary schedule due to declining student enrollment. Mr. Beardsley serves as the school district’s fiscal agent on issued bonds as well as the district’s financial adviser.
- Selected Lynn Kennedy as the disbursing officer and Jerry Hegwood as the alternate disbursing officer.
- Approved a request for the cheerleaders to attend the nationals in Florida if the group receives a bid.
- Approved an amendment to the high school handbook.
- Accepted the resignation of one employee.
The Smackover Schood District Board of Directors meets in regular session on the second Monday of every month at 6:00 pm in the board room of the central office. The public is welcome to attend.