The Smackover School Board met in regular session on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Recognized retiring board members, Sue Nash, Lawrence Bearden, and Tim Jones, with a plaque for their years of service to the district
- Appointed Vicky Brant to fill the vacant Zone 7 position until the next school election held in September, 2013.
- Drew for terms for each zone:
|Zone||Board Member||Length of Term|
|1||Don Thomas||1 year term|
|2||Joe Bates||5 year term|
|3||Lynn Kennedy||2 year term|
|4||Jerry Hegwood||4 year term|
|5||Chris Long||5 year term|
|6||Tommy Norrell||3 year term|
|7||Vicky Brant||4 year term|
- Listened to a salary proposal presented by Jason Arrington, spokesperson for the Licensed Personnel Policy Committee. The board agreed to table this until the December board meeting for further data comparisons.
- Approved a one-time non-recurring salary payment for licensed staff.
- Approved resolutions regarding High Stakes Testing and Sequestration of Federal Funds.