The Smackover School Board met in regular session on Monday, May 14. Highlights from the meeting include:
- Hiring a high school mathematics teacher
- Approving the classified salary schedule
- Accepting the resignation of a licensed employee
Board members were also given information about upcoming elections:
- All board positions will be open in the upcoming election.
- All persons interested in running for a board position may begin collecting petitions on June 10, 2012.
- All candidates must submit petitions, affidavit of eligibility, and political practices pledge on or before noon on July 10, 2012.
If you have any questions about running for a school board seat, please contact Superintendent Don Smeltzer.