In Buckaroo News on July 15, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Smackover Preschool has nine slots available for three and four year old children. These slots are ABC and ABC-SS.
To qualify for ABC slots, a child must have at least one of the following characteristics:
- Family with gross income not exceeding 200% of FPL
- Parents without a high school diploma or GED
- Low birth weight (below 5 pounds, 9 ounces)
- Parent is under 18 years if age at child’s birth
- Immediate family member has a history of substance abuse/addiction
- Has a demonstrable delay as identified through screening
- Eligible for services under IDEA
- Income eligible for Title 1 programs
- Limited English Proficiency
- Parent has history of abuse or neglect or is a victim of abuse or neglect
To qualify for ABC-SS slots, a child must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be three or four years old by ADE cutoff date
- Gross family income ˂200% of FPL
- A program is available in the are where the child resides and there is available space for the child to attend
Please contact Debra Tolin at 725-3651 for more information.
In Buckaroo News on July 14, 2014 at 8:25 am
The Smackover High School Buckaroo Band Director, Allen Simmons, has announced Summer Band Camp for August 4-8 at the Band Hall and marching practice field.
The schedule is as follows:
Monday (Aug 4)
- 7:45-8:15 Welcome Back-Spudnuts and Orange Juice
- 8:15- 9:15 – Outside – Marching Fundamentals
- 9:15- 9:30 – Water Break
- 9:30-10:30 Playing Inside
- 10:30-10:45 – Break
- 10:45- 11:45 – More Playing
- 11:45- 1:00 – Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 2:30 – Sectionals
- 2:30 – Dismiss
The same schedule will be followed every day. Breakfast will only be served on Monday. On Friday, there will be a hamburger lunch and then dismissal.
Extra Percussion and Guard Rehearsals will be announced later.
In Buckaroo News on July 13, 2014 at 7:58 am
Mark your calendars for these important dates for Norphlet High School band members:
- Senior High Percussion Camp (July 14-18) 8:00AM-3:00PM
- Junior High Percussion Camp (July 21) 8:00AM-3:00PM
- Freshmen Camp (July 25) 8:00AM-3:00PM
- Junior High Band Camp (July 28-29) 8:00AM-4:00PM
- Senior High Band Camp (August 4-8) 8:00AM-4:00PM