There will be a Flu Shot Clinic for Smackover Elementary and Smackover High School students and employees on Monday, October 13, 2014.
The deadline for submitting the paperwork to receive a flu shot is Thursday, October 9, 2014. Click on the link below to access the paperwork. There are a total of three pages which must be signed and returned.
Fields of Faith will be Wednesday, October 8th at 7 pm at Memorial Stadium in El Dorado.
Fields of Faith is an annual event sponsored by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) to bring students from all area schools together for one night. Smackover will have a huge part in the program and we want as many of our students there as possible.
If you have any questions, see Coach Preston or any member of FCA.
Future Buckaroo Cheerleader Mini Camp is coming soon! The deadline to sign up is October 10th.
Practice dates will be October 20, October 22, and October 23.
The cost for the camp is $20 which includes a t-shirt.
Registrations forms have been sent home. Additional forms are available at the Smackover Elementary School office.
Mrs. Laura Greer’s English classes completed a Pre-reading activity to the Lord of the Flies. Under the premise that they had become stranded on a desert island, students had to create a map of the island, laws, and other ways of governing and taking care of themselves.
Mrs. Greer teaches at Norphlet High School.
The Little Miss Derrick Pageants will be held Saturday, November 8th at 5:00 p.m. This pageant is for ages 0-6th grade.
The Jr. Miss and Miss Derrick Pageants will be held Saturday, November 8th, 2014, at 7 p.m.
For registration information for either pageant, please click on the link below.
42nd Little Miss Derrick Registration
For more information, please contact Mrs. Tonya Corley at 725-3101 or 725-4163.
The Smackover-Norphlet School Board of Directors met in regular session on Monday, September 22, 2014. Highlights from the meeting include:
- The Annual Report to the Public was presented by Assistant Superintendent John Gross, Special Programs Director Teri Philyaw, Technology Administrator Jana Reynolds, Curriculum Director Jennifer Lee, Principal Patti Vickery, Principal Holly Strickland, Principal Keith Coleman, Gifted and Talented Teacher Kristan Zargari, Principal Jan Henderson, and Superintendent Dave Wilcox.
- Approved pursuing additional concurrent credit options for the 2015-2016 school year
- Approved the Classified Sick Leave Policy for route drivers
- Approved the JAG in ALE resolution
- Directed the superintendent to contact a lawyer regarding the Norphlet High School roof
- Approved the baseball and softball field’s sprinkler upgrades
- Approved the 2014-2015 regular and special education budgets
The Board of Directors meets in regular session on the third Monday of every month at 5:30 pm in the board room of the Central Office. The public is welcome to attend.
Please mark your calendars for these important dates for members of the Smackover High School Band and the Smackover High School Choir.
For more information about any of these activities, please contact Mr. Allen Simmons at 725-3101.