Smackover-Norphlet Public Schools
NOTICE OF VACANCY
The Smackover-Norphlet School District is currently accepting applications for 2014-2015 for the following positions:
(Smackover Elementary School)
Must pass the Parapro exam or have an Associate’s Degree.
Please submit application, resume’, transcript, and/or results of Parapro Exam to Mrs. Holly Strickland, 701 Magnolia, Smackover, AR 71762.
A G E N D A: HARMONY GROVE GAME: 10/24/2014
- 1st Period – Regular rehearsal
- 11:15 – Dismissed for Pep Rally
- 11:25 – Move to the gym for pep rally
- 12:00 – Bring instruments back to band hall
- 6:00 p.m. – Report to Band Hall to dress in uniform (don’t forget black socks)
- 6:45 p.m. – Line up to move to stadium
- 7:00 p.m. – In stands ready to play pre-game music
- 7:30 p.m. – Game begins
- 8:30 p.m. – Halftime – 3rd quarter off – be back in stands at beginning of 4TH
- 9:30 – game over – Put up instruments and uniforms
AGENDA FOR REGION ASSESSMENT – TUESDAY –10/28/14
- 1st Period – Regular rehearsal – load truck
- 12:30 p.m. – Load bus –
- 12:45 p.m. – Leave for Pine Bluff
- 1:45 p.m. – Rest Stop – Fordyce
- 2:15 p.m. – Leave Fordyce
- 3:00 p.m. – Arrive Pine Bluff – unload, dress in uniform
- 3:30 p.m. – Line up to go watch Norphlet & McGehee perform
- 4:00 p.m. – Get instruments – Line up to go to warm-up
- 4:38 p.m. – Warm-up Time
- 5:08 p.m. – Depart for gate
- 5:13 p.m. – at gate
- 5:18 p.m. – Perform
- 5:30 p.m. – Go back to truck, put up instruments, change clothes
- 6:00 p.m. – Eat at stadium concessions
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. – Watch other bands
- 9:30 p.m. – Awards
- 9:45 p.m. – Head for home
- 11:30 p.m. – Arrive SHS Campus
Love Yourself Be Drug Free is the theme for Red Ribbon Week.
Smackover High School students can dress up on the following days.
- Monday – Red Ribbon Day – daily prize drawings – must wear ribbon each day to receive a prize
- Tuesday – Headband/Bandana – “Band Against Drugs”
- Wednesday – Sunglasses – “Shade Out Drugs”
- Thursday – Camo Day – “You Won’t See Me Using Drugs”
- Friday – Black/White OR Costume – “Bucks Soar Above Drugs” (costume contests will be held in 2nd period classes)
Norphlet High School students can dress up on the following days.
- Monday- Sock It to Drugs (crazy socks)
- Tuesday- Team Up Against Drugs (favorite team)
- Wednesday- Say Peace Out to Drugs (hippie day)
- Thursday- I’m too Bright for Drugs (fluorescent shirts)
- Friday- Scare Away Drugs (Halloween costumes)
Click on the link below to access the Smackover High School basketball schedule for the 2014 – 2015 school year.
2014 SHS Basketball Schedule
Want to stay informed about the Smackover-Norphlet School District???
Follow The Buckaroo Blog by entering your email address on the bottom right column of the blog. By doing this you will receive an email each time a post is made on the blog. We will be posting news from all five campuses, updates to reorganization plans, athletic schedules, and more.
The Smackover Elementary School 4H will be meeting Wednesday, October 22, in the PE room on the elementary campus. The meeting will be at 3:30 pm.
Anyone ages 5-19 may attend.
There will be a Senior Parent Financial Aid Presentation of Tuesday October 28, at 6:30 pm. Amy Neatherly with the Arkansas Department of Higher Education will be the presenter.
The meeting will be held at the Norphlet High School Library.
This meeting is open to parents of Norphlet High School students AND Smackover High School students.
Students in Mrs. Gretchen McCurry’s AP History class at Norphlet High School created posters based on the themes, skills, and periods studied by historians.