Click on the link below to access the Smackover High School basketball schedule for the 2014 – 2015 school year.
2014 SHS Basketball Schedule
Want to stay informed about the Smackover-Norphlet School District???
Follow The Buckaroo Blog by entering your email address on the bottom right column of the blog. By doing this you will receive an email each time a post is made on the blog. We will be posting news from all five campuses, updates to reorganization plans, athletic schedules, and more.
The Smackover Elementary School 4H will be meeting Wednesday, October 22, in the PE room on the elementary campus. The meeting will be at 3:30 pm.
Anyone ages 5-19 may attend.
There will be a Senior Parent Financial Aid Presentation of Tuesday October 28, at 6:30 pm. Amy Neatherly with the Arkansas Department of Higher Education will be the presenter.
The meeting will be held at the Norphlet High School Library.
This meeting is open to parents of Norphlet High School students AND Smackover High School students.
Students in Mrs. Gretchen McCurry’s AP History class at Norphlet High School created posters based on the themes, skills, and periods studied by historians.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
- 11:00- Load bus
- 2:00 – Arrive in Jessieville and unload equipment (only one stop for bathroom break)
- 2:35 – Warm-up
- 3:15 – Perform
- 3:45 – Pack equipment and watch bands (concessions if desired)
- 5:30 – Awards and leave for mall
- 6: 15 – Supper at mall in hot Springs
- 8:00 – Leave for Norphlet (only one stop for bathroom break)
- 10:30 – Arrive and unload equipment and dismissal
Uniforms: Formal black uniform, long black socks, black marching shoes, black gloves, band hat, black t-shirt, and school appropriate shorts.
Students Need: Warm school appropriate clothing for after performance, Instruments, ALL Music, MONEY for supper and concessions.
Volunteers are needed to pull the trailer and chaperone on the bus. Please call Mrs. Jennifer Michaels if you are able to volunteer in either capacity.
Curt Dees was recently presented a plaque for his exemplary service to the Norphlet High School football program for 32 years. Mr. Dees has kept stats for every football game during that time. In fact, he has only missed 2 Norphlet High School football games in the past 32 years. Additionally, Mr. Dees has kept the Norphlet High School football field in perfect condition during that time.
We thank you for your years of dedication and service to our students and community!
Assistant Athletic Director Dennis Steele, Curt Dees, and Assistant Superintendent John Gross
Smackover Elementary School kindergarten through 2nd graders watched a magician perform on Wednesday, October 15, as a preview to Red Ribbon Week. The magician, Mr. Miller, taught the importance of the following four words:
- No – Just say NO if someone offers you drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- Go – If someone keeps trying to get you to use drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, then GO away!
- Tell – TELL someone if they have offered you drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
- Yell – If you can’t get away when someone is trying to get you to use drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, then YELL!
Check out the slideshow below to see pictures from the performance.